Startup Problems

As win xp pro starts up, the search box pops up and keeps coming up until I
press ctrl-alt-delete and end the program. Can anyone tell me what can cause
this
Thankyou
2 answers Last reply
More about startup problems

    Follow the instructions outlined in this article:

    Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "BillSt" wrote:

    | As win xp pro starts up, the search box pops up and keeps coming up until I
    | press ctrl-alt-delete and end the program. Can anyone tell me what can cause
    | this
    | Thank you

    Thanks for the response, but I think it had something to do with the
    activation process. The problem has disappeared.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Follow the instructions outlined in this article:
    >
    > Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186&Product=winxp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups
    >
    > Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
    > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.mspx

    > "BillSt" wrote:
    >
    > | As win xp pro starts up, the search box pops up and keeps coming up until I
    > | press ctrl-alt-delete and end the program. Can anyone tell me what can cause
    > | this
    > | Thank you

Windows XP Microsoft