Cannot create the file

I am a website designer, and am continually revising my webpages, and resaving
the new page (in Notepad). Quite frequently, when trying to save the revised
file,
I get an error alert message which says:

Cannot create the C:\....\filename.html file.
Make sure that the path and filename are correct.

After receiving this alert, I am unable to save the revised file using the
same name
as before. I must rename it to filename2.html in order to save it. This
sometimes
happens three of four times during the course of revising the file.

This behavior continues until I restart my computer, at which time I can
delete all
of those spurious files and start fresh.

I've had the same problem but it only seems to happen when CuteFTP is open.
Once I close it, the problem seems to stop. It must be some kind of confict
between Notepad and CuteFTP.

"prof611" wrote:

> I am a website designer, and am continually revising my webpages, and resaving
> the new page (in Notepad). Quite frequently, when trying to save the revised
> file,
> I get an error alert message which says:
>
> Cannot create the C:\....\filename.html file.
> Make sure that the path and filename are correct.
>
> After receiving this alert, I am unable to save the revised file using the
> same name
> as before. I must rename it to filename2.html in order to save it. This
> sometimes
> happens three of four times during the course of revising the file.
>
> This behavior continues until I restart my computer, at which time I can
> delete all
> of those spurious files and start fresh.

professor

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2005

Thanks for the clue. I'm going to ask CuteFTP about this problem, as it is
most vexing. I'll also try closing CuteFTP to see if this stops the problem,
although this would only be a temporary solution.