kevincorazza

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
I notice that after I had a fresh install of XP, some vidoes were behaving badly. 20 minute videos are simply clips now, its almost that it accelerates the speed of the video, and they become only a minute, even though they are the same file size as the original 20 minute was. You can skip around it till the end, but you cant slow it down to the normal speed.

I am using about three different video player programs and it happens in all of them, so I think this is an XP problem and not whatever program I am using.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

pat

Expert
if it was an XP problem, everybody would have the same problem. I rather think it is a CODEC problem..

<font color=red>Sig space for rent. make your offer.</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Agree, you are having a Codec moment, enjoy.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Underclock your CPU

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

riser

Illustrious
Good call.

I'm noticing that a lot of new hardware coming out can be over clocked.. yet today's apps are very sensitive to it and tend to cause problems.

I understood overclocking years ago.. but I don't really see the benefit of it today.

kevincorazza

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
I both underclocked and overclocked by processor, to no avail. Any other suggestions? I reinstalled divx many times, but its still doing the same thing.

I noctied that Windows Media Player files are not affected but its more like mpgs and avis....

riser

Illustrious
Have you tried to uninstall your viewing programs and just use one instead of having all installed at once?

You don't have problems with anything else? Video card isn't over clocked?

joe_tlj

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2003
I think there's a program called gspot which deals specifically with helping people get the right codecs.

I can't breath!
Forgive me a cruel chuckle, hehe, power!

riser

Illustrious
Microsoft has a certified driver for Nvidia on their website you might want to consider downloading and trying. That solves a lot of video problems.. you might have some odd release on your video card.