screen desktop problems

My XP desktop has been acting very strangely. I'll just be browsing a
webpage when suddenly the start menu starts opening and closing on its own.
Windows I have open start maximizing and minimizing and resizing
themselves.
Sometimes the webpage or program I'm using shuts down. This goes on for
about 10 seconds before I can gain control of my mouse and occurs once or
twice an hour.
My Mcafee is always up to date, I run Adaware, I did a system restore to
the earliest date, I did a sfc /scannow and I did a repair/install of XP
but
the problem is still there. I'm wondering if it's mouse related. Any
ideas?

Thank you,
Robin
3 answers Last reply
More about screen desktop problems

    You might either have a virus (run mcafee),or a corupted user account,try
    creating new user,run,if the symptoms go away youve located the problem,
    delete the user account.

    "Robin" wrote:

    > My XP desktop has been acting very strangely. I'll just be browsing a
    > webpage when suddenly the start menu starts opening and closing on its own.
    > Windows I have open start maximizing and minimizing and resizing
    > themselves.
    > Sometimes the webpage or program I'm using shuts down. This goes on for
    > about 10 seconds before I can gain control of my mouse and occurs once or
    > twice an hour.
    > My Mcafee is always up to date, I run Adaware, I did a system restore to
    > the earliest date, I did a sfc /scannow and I did a repair/install of XP
    > but
    > the problem is still there. I'm wondering if it's mouse related. Any
    > ideas?
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Robin

    Nope. New user has same problems.

    > You might either have a virus (run mcafee),or a corupted user account,try
    > creating new user,run,if the symptoms go away youve located the problem,
    > delete the user account.

    I've been using a program called Registry Checkup that supposedly found all
    kind of problems with the registry. Maybe it messed it up, except wouldn't
    system restore fix that?

    > "Andrew E." <eckrichco@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> You might either have a virus (run mcafee),or a corupted user account,try
    >> creating new user,run,if the symptoms go away youve located the problem,
    >> delete the user account.

Desktops Windows XP