screen desktop problems

February 6, 2005 11:01:57 PM

My XP desktop has been acting very strangely. I'll just be browsing a
webpage when suddenly the start menu starts opening and closing on its own.
Windows I have open start maximizing and minimizing and resizing
themselves.
Sometimes the webpage or program I'm using shuts down. This goes on for
about 10 seconds before I can gain control of my mouse and occurs once or
twice an hour.
My Mcafee is always up to date, I run Adaware, I did a system restore to
the earliest date, I did a sfc /scannow and I did a repair/install of XP
but
the problem is still there. I'm wondering if it's mouse related. Any
ideas?

Thank you,
Robin
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 11:01:58 PM

You might either have a virus (run mcafee),or a corupted user account,try
creating new user,run,if the symptoms go away youve located the problem,
delete the user account.

"Robin" wrote:

> My XP desktop has been acting very strangely. I'll just be browsing a
> webpage when suddenly the start menu starts opening and closing on its own.
> Windows I have open start maximizing and minimizing and resizing
> themselves.
> Sometimes the webpage or program I'm using shuts down. This goes on for
> about 10 seconds before I can gain control of my mouse and occurs once or
> twice an hour.
> My Mcafee is always up to date, I run Adaware, I did a system restore to
> the earliest date, I did a sfc /scannow and I did a repair/install of XP
> but
> the problem is still there. I'm wondering if it's mouse related. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thank you,
> Robin

February 7, 2005 12:19:10 AM

Nope. New user has same problems.

> You might either have a virus (run mcafee),or a corupted user account,try
> creating new user,run,if the symptoms go away youve located the problem,
> delete the user account.
February 7, 2005 12:39:43 AM

I've been using a program called Registry Checkup that supposedly found all
kind of problems with the registry. Maybe it messed it up, except wouldn't
system restore fix that?