Godfther99

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2001
I was wondering what the difference is between the
integrated dolby audio of the nForce and the 6 channel sound of say... the soyo dragon +. i assume both can be wired for surround sound but is there a quality difference? and if so, how much of a difference? thank you in advance for everyone's input.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Do you have a speaker setup that can do 6 different channels?
Do you have a speaker setup that can do Dolby Digital?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'll look into the onboard 6-channel and let you know, I don't know much about it.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
nForce is probably available with a digital optical or coaxial audio out for plugging into highend sound recievers/systems. This sound reciever would take the high quality audio signal and split it into the 5.1 surround sound (5 satelites and a sub woofer). The other board which is just 6 channel support probably has several 1/8 inch outputs for plugging directly to the speakers. Supposedly nForce's onboard audio is about as good as the Sound Blaster Audigy, and whats on the Soyo is probably something like a sound blaster live value 5.1, if even that good.

Welcome to the end of your life Mr. Intel CPU. Don't worry I promise its going to hurt.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Looks like the C-Media 6-channel is a decent chip, it just doesn't have EAX 2. I'd go for the nForce sound, if you've got your heart set on onboard sound.