HELP!!! Dead MSI mobo!!

kemokim

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2001
I just recieved my new MSI KT266 Pro2 with raid.. it looked great and has all the features i need..

well i install it power it up and it works..

after about 2 - 5 minutes i shut it down (correctly) and take out the power cord.... i then reinsert the powercord into the computer, but now its DEAD... completely dead.. no noise from fans og beeping sounds.. all dead..

I then put back my old Mobo with an old processor 700mhz,, and this works like it should i powers up normally..

ok i might have missed a cabel or something so i re insert the new MSI mobo but still completely dead...

So haw i fried my new mobo or what do you guys think??
im gonna call the suplier in the morning and send it back, hopefully they will say that it was not my fault and send me a new one!

Kim

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
It`s possible you may have shorted a circuit on the board. Many modern power supplies will shut down in a blink and stay that way for a period of a few minutes or untill the problem is corrected. I doubt you fried your board if it ran for 5 minutes with a normal shutdown. Make sure you have no shorts under the board and or any stray solder floating around. You might also consider jumping the CMOS to default settings and retrying.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.