I am having a problem with acrobat reader 7. when i close
the reader it is still open in my task manager. i have to
end the process before i can open another. today it won't
open anything. i read a post that said to uninstall and
reinstall. i tried that but it did not help. is there a
known issue with adobe reader and winxp pro?

Jim

"joe allen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem with acrobat reader 7. when i close
> the reader it is still open in my task manager. i have to
> end the process before i can open another. today it won't
> open anything. i read a post that said to uninstall and
> reinstall. i tried that but it did not help. is there a
> known issue with adobe reader and winxp pro?
Not here.
Jim

Hi, Joe.

It works for me. ;^}

I know that doesn't help much, but it suggests that the problem is in your
computer, not in either Adobe Reader 7.0 or in WinXP Pro with SP2.

Have you looked at the Adobe website
(http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)? It's always
possible, I suppose, that you got a bad download or install. Did you
uninstall version 6.0 or any prior version before installing 7.0?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX