Screen has rotated 90 Degrees

Can someone help me. I was on my computer and my screen turned 90 degrees
clockwise. I looked everywhere on my computerto find something to rotate the
screen, but I cannot find anything. I checked in the
Properties>Settings>Advanced secion, however, nothing to help me rotate my
screen. It occurs the moment that my computer opens the Windows welcome
page. Can someone help me please???

Hi

Try this:

Right click the Desktop, select Properties>Settings>Advanced. See if there
is a setting in there to rotate the screen back to normal. If you have
Nvidia software installed try clicking on the tab for your graphics card and
have a look for NVRotate on the left hand side.

If you do have an Nvidia card there may be an icon in the Notification Area.
If so, right click on it, select Rotation Settings and then set it to 0
degrees.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Jennte034" <Jennte034@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone help me. I was on my computer and my screen turned 90 degrees
> clockwise. I looked everywhere on my computerto find something to rotate
> the
> screen, but I cannot find anything. I checked in the
> Properties>Settings>Advanced secion, however, nothing to help me rotate my
> screen. It occurs the moment that my computer opens the Windows welcome
> page. Can someone help me please???

Jennte034 <Jennte034@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can someone help me. I was on my computer and my screen turned 90 degrees
>clockwise. I looked everywhere on my computerto find something to rotate the
>screen, but I cannot find anything. I checked in the
>Properties>Settings>Advanced secion, however, nothing to help me rotate my
>screen. It occurs the moment that my computer opens the Windows welcome
>page. Can someone help me please???

Check in the Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced for if this
is an advanced feature of your video card. You may find a setting
here.
Also this may come from some malware. Scan your PC for viruses an also
use Ad-aware (http://www.lavasoft.de).
"List of Antivirus Software Vendors"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=49500)

--
(tm)

I think it's something you can fix on your monitor. Find the panel of
buttons on your monitor. Yours may be the kind with a menu, in which case a
button is labled with the word menu. Press it and find something that
rotates the screen. If you do not have a menu, try out all the buttons.

"Jennte034" <Jennte034@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone help me. I was on my computer and my screen turned 90 degrees
> clockwise. I looked everywhere on my computerto find something to rotate
> the
> screen, but I cannot find anything. I checked in the
> Properties>Settings>Advanced secion, however, nothing to help me rotate my
> screen. It occurs the moment that my computer opens the Windows welcome
> page. Can someone help me please???

peter

You don't see a "Rotation" tab when you go to Start/Control Panel/Appearance
and Themes/Display/Settings/Advanced??? Looks like sonething happened to
your graphics driver. Try doing a system restore to before it happened?
Try downloading latest driver from manufacturers site.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada,