Turning Off and ON a User account????

February 7, 2005 11:33:03 PM

hi, i was wondering if there was any way i could turn off an account. what i
mean its you know how the guest account has the ability to be turned on and
off.....i would like to set another account other than the guest account
off...and turn it on when i need it...so is there any way that i can make an
account other than the "guest" account, have the ability to be turned off or
on when i want?

More about : turning user account

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 2:14:32 PM

"tommy" <tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>hi, i was wondering if there was any way i could turn off an account. what i
>mean its you know how the guest account has the ability to be turned on and
>off.....i would like to set another account other than the guest account
>off...and turn it on when i need it...so is there any way that i can make an
>account other than the "guest" account, have the ability to be turned off or
>on when i want?

You cannot do this. You can only hide the account from the Welcome
screen in TweakUI > Logon. TweakUI is available from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert....

--
(tm)
Anonymous

Right click on My Computer. Click Manage. Click Local Users and Groups.
Click Users. Right click on the account to disable. Click Properties.
Click Account is disabled.

"tommy" wrote:

> hi, i was wondering if there was any way i could turn off an account. what i
> mean its you know how the guest account has the ability to be turned on and
> off.....i would like to set another account other than the guest account
> off...and turn it on when i need it...so is there any way that i can make an
> account other than the "guest" account, have the ability to be turned off or
> on when i want?

February 9, 2005 12:37:03 AM

thanks guys...by the way is there other ways to hid accounts

"tommy" wrote:

> hi, i was wondering if there was any way i could turn off an account. what i
> mean its you know how the guest account has the ability to be turned on and
> off.....i would like to set another account other than the guest account
> off...and turn it on when i need it...so is there any way that i can make an
> account other than the "guest" account, have the ability to be turned off or
> on when i want?

February 9, 2005 1:39:26 PM

That`s if he is using XP Professional, XP Home Edition doesn`t give you that
option to disable an account.

Jeff

"Beemer9" <Beemer9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Right click on My Computer. Click Manage. Click Local Users and Groups.
> Click Users. Right click on the account to disable. Click Properties.
> Click Account is disabled.
>
> "tommy" wrote:
>
>> hi, i was wondering if there was any way i could turn off an account.
>> what i
>> mean its you know how the guest account has the ability to be turned on
>> and
>> off.....i would like to set another account other than the guest account
>> off...and turn it on when i need it...so is there any way that i can make
>> an
>> account other than the "guest" account, have the ability to be turned off
>> or
>> on when i want?

February 9, 2005 5:51:27 PM

Hi,

You can hide the user folder, but at logon, you can still see the user logon
icon or if you have classic logon window, just type in the account logon id.

Jeff

!