error with ntdll.dll

Hello. This dll is causing problems for me when I try to open the windows
directory. Explorer shuts down and then restarts. I've run chkdsk in safe
mode, defragged, uninstalled programs I thought may conflict. I've also run
SFC /SCANNOW after placing a fresh ntdll.dll file in the dll cashe folder.
It works for a while then there is the same problem. Any help would be
appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about error ntdll

    Have you installed the SP2 update?

    What version of ntdll.dll is in your System 32 folder? Right the file
    and select properties to get this information.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Monker" <rdubmonk@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Hello. This dll is causing problems for me when I try to open the
    > windows directory. Explorer shuts down and then restarts. I've run
    > chkdsk in safe mode, defragged, uninstalled programs I thought may
    > conflict. I've also run SFC /SCANNOW after placing a fresh ntdll.dll
    > file in the dll cashe folder. It works for a while then there is the
    > same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Microsoft DLL Windows XP