Get that '(application) must close" out of the way

When I try to use Eudora v6.2.1 I get a message about rebuilding the table
of contents in box - but, before I can click on it to tell it okay, the MS
message pops up saying "EUDORA has encountered a problem and needs to close.
We are sorry for the inconvenience." and wants to send an error message to
MicroSoft. Moving that message out of the way leaves a blank Out of Date
Table of contents (or something like that)'error message'- clicking on it,
where the 'rebuild in box' probably is does
not do anything (no surprise but worth a try). Of course, neither sending
or not sending the message ti MS changes nothing in ability to reach Eudora
repair opportunity..

I have gone to Eudora's site and the cure by way of the directory is still
prohibited by the MS message. Is there some way to temporarily disable that
thing long enough to fix Eudora? Thanks.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:C684A1D5-3FE1-4256-B0F8-4050AE08CFFC@microsoft.com,
SuperTemp <SuperTemp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I have gone to Eudora's site and the cure by way of the directory is
> still prohibited by the MS message. Is there some way to temporarily
> disable that thing long enough to fix Eudora? Thanks.

Press the WinKey (looks like the windows logo, it's down near the alt and
ctrl key usually) and the Pause Break key (up near the scroll lock and the
print screen usually) at the same time. Click the advanced tab. Click Error
reporting. Click Disable Error Reporting and tick "but notify me when
critical errors occur."

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:C684A1D5-3FE1-4256-B0F8-4050AE08CFFC@microsoft.com,
> SuperTemp <SuperTemp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
> > I have gone to Eudora's site and the cure by way of the directory is
> > still prohibited by the MS message. Is there some way to temporarily
> > disable that thing long enough to fix Eudora? Thanks.
>
> Press the WinKey (looks like the windows logo, it's down near the alt and
> ctrl key usually) and the Pause Break key (up near the scroll lock and the
> print screen usually) at the same time. Click the advanced tab. Click Error
> reporting. Click Disable Error Reporting and tick "but notify me when
> critical errors occur."
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me
> the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am
> in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial
> stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for
> mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Thanks Galen!

-- SuperTemp

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1DE8BA66-86DE-410F-A851-D512273C9226@microsoft.com,
SuperTemp <SuperTemp@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thanks Galen!
>
> -- SuperTemp

Not a problem, thank YOU for letting us know that you're a) grateful and b)
that it worked.