RAM question for s4020wm presario

my computer can have up to 1 gig of ram. The stock being pc2100 @266.
I has two ram slots set for up to 512meg each. would it be possible
to insert a 1gig stick of ram into one slot? what would happen if i
tried. would it absalutely not work, or would it show up as 512meg.
The reason i ask is i have been seeing 1 gig ram sticks going for
cheaper than the 512meg counterparts. Can anyone give me some info on
this or advise?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

==============
More about question s4020wm presario

    I have no idea what would happen. I'd ask tech support at crucial.com or
    4allmemory.com. They might know. If you find out, please post it. I also
    have a S4020WM. I put in two 512MB sticks.
    -E

    "dunklg2" <gordond2002@shaw-dot-ca.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    my computer can have up to 1 gig of ram. The stock being pc2100 @266.
    I has two ram slots set for up to 512meg each. would it be possible
    to insert a 1gig stick of ram into one slot? what would happen if i
    tried. would it absalutely not work, or would it show up as 512meg.
    The reason i ask is i have been seeing 1 gig ram sticks going for
    cheaper than the 512meg counterparts. Can anyone give me some info on
    this or advise?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

    Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware
    troubleshooting newsgroups.

Compaq RAM Presario Computers