motive smartbridge update error

every time i start the computer he tell me "update for motive Smartbridge
available, do you want to install?"
I say yes and in the middle of the installition the installer stops and
returns the following error-message " X Autoupdate returned an Error , rc = 7
--
Mike

[[In our experience Motive Smartbridge is installed by the installation CD
provided by a number of broadband ISPs, most notably, at the time of
writing, Verizon, Adelphia.

Recommendation :
We simply cannot understand why ISPs insist on installing software like this
on users PCs without thorough, thorough, thorough, and also....., thorough
testing !

Alternatively, if you are technically advanced, in addition to disabling
this task you could decide to de-install anything “Motive” or which has
your ISP’s name and something akin to “support” in the “Add\Remove
Programs” icon in the Control Panel.]]

MotiveSB.exe (Motive Communications)
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_m.htm

--