F8 will not start Safemode

F8 will not start Safemode.

EliteToolBar is present so I need to run Ad-aware and/or NAV2005 in Safemode.

I do have "Smart Office Keyboard" installed, so maybe the F8 key is
configured for some other task.

Thanks for your help in advance!
--
Bill Bowers
www.bowerscapital.com

Hi Bill,

If there is a FLock key on the keyboard, press it just before the F8
key.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

Bill Bowers wrote:
> F8 will not start Safemode.
>
> EliteToolBar is present so I need to run Ad-aware and/or
> NAV2005 in Safemode.
>
> I do have "Smart Office Keyboard" installed, so maybe the
> F8 key is configured for some other task.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance!

Make sure you press it during the BIOS screen(when it has the computer
manufacturer's logo), not the Windows startup screen(when it says Windows
XP).

You can also try pressing F5, which will give you a menu of advanced startup
options.