Wireless internet sharing

I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it connected to and
outside antenna. I use this to connect to the internet. How do you share
that connection with other computers in my home wireless. I have tried
everything. I have wireless routers, repeaters but no bridge. Is there a way
to do this wireless.
Thanks Ed

"Ed Williams" <ed@poseasy.com> wrote in message
> I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it
connected to and
> outside antenna. I use this to connect to the internet. How do you
share
> that connection with other computers in my home wireless. I have
tried
> everything. I have wireless routers, repeaters but no bridge. Is
there a way
> to do this wireless.
> Thanks Ed

I havent tried this particular setup so maybe someone could shed some
more light on it.
Configure your router as just an AP, no DHCP server. Plug a lan port
from the AP
into and ethernet card (if you have one) on your PC. Run the ICS
wizard form the
wireless adapter properties/advanced menu and follow instructions.
What I
am not sure of is how you get your IP address, is it static or
dynamic. The ICS
I think assigns 192.168.0.1 to your internet connection adapter which
could
prevent you from accessing the internet. I assume your sharing
someones connection
or is this a wisp??

> "Ed Williams" <ed@poseasy.com> wrote in message
> I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it
> connected to and outside antenna. I use this to connect to the
> internet. How do you share that connection with other computers in
> my home wireless. I have tried everything. I have wireless routers,
> repeaters but no bridge. Is there a way to do this wireless.
> Thanks Ed

Sure.. Theres a program that does that very well.. Part of windows called
ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Lets me share my internet from multiple
Laptops/desktops/pda's. And have used it with
Cable/Dsl/Dial-up/Cellphone/Data cards/WiFi etc.

Hate to sound "snippy", but have you tried a solution that is built into
windows, instead of looking for an outside program, to do what windows
already does?

> "Ed Williams" wrote in message
> > I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it
> connected to and
> > outside antenna. I use this to connect to the internet. How do you
> share
> > that connection with other computers in my home wireless. I have
> tried
> > everything. I have wireless routers, repeaters but no bridge. Is
> there a way
> > to do this wireless.
> > Thanks Ed
>
> I havent tried this particular setup so maybe someone could shed
some
> more light on it.
> Configure your router as just an AP, no DHCP server. Plug a lan port
> from the AP
> into and ethernet card (if you have one) on your PC. Run the ICS
> wizard form the
> wireless adapter properties/advanced menu and follow instructions.
> What I
> am not sure of is how you get your IP address, is it static or
> dynamic. The ICS
> I think assigns 192.168.0.1 to your internet connection adapter
which
> could
> prevent you from accessing the internet. I assume your sharing
> someones connection
> or is this a wisp??

Ed was kind enough to email me and let me know this did work for him.
Thought I would update in case anybody else had the same
circumstances.