Wireless internet sharing

I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it connected to and
outside antenna. I use this to connect to the internet. How do you share
that connection with other computers in my home wireless. I have tried
everything. I have wireless routers, repeaters but no bridge. Is there a way
to do this wireless.
Thanks Ed
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless internet sharing

    "Ed Williams" <ed@poseasy.com> wrote in message
    > I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it
    connected to and
    > outside antenna. I use this to connect to the internet. How do you
    share
    > that connection with other computers in my home wireless. I have
    tried
    > everything. I have wireless routers, repeaters but no bridge. Is
    there a way
    > to do this wireless.
    > Thanks Ed

    I havent tried this particular setup so maybe someone could shed some
    more light on it.
    Configure your router as just an AP, no DHCP server. Plug a lan port
    from the AP
    into and ethernet card (if you have one) on your PC. Run the ICS
    wizard form the
    wireless adapter properties/advanced menu and follow instructions.
    What I
    am not sure of is how you get your IP address, is it static or
    dynamic. The ICS
    I think assigns 192.168.0.1 to your internet connection adapter which
    could
    prevent you from accessing the internet. I assume your sharing
    someones connection
    or is this a wisp??

    > "Ed Williams" <ed@poseasy.com> wrote in message
    > I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it
    > connected to and outside antenna. I use this to connect to the
    > internet. How do you share that connection with other computers in
    > my home wireless. I have tried everything. I have wireless routers,
    > repeaters but no bridge. Is there a way to do this wireless.
    > Thanks Ed

    Sure.. Theres a program that does that very well.. Part of windows called
    ICS (Internet Connection Sharing). Lets me share my internet from multiple
    Laptops/desktops/pda's. And have used it with
    Cable/Dsl/Dial-up/Cellphone/Data cards/WiFi etc.

    Hate to sound "snippy", but have you tried a solution that is built into
    windows, instead of looking for an outside program, to do what windows
    already does?

    > "Ed Williams" wrote in message
    > > I have a computer that has a wireless card in it. I have it
    > connected to and
    > > outside antenna. I use this to connect to the internet. How do you
    > share
    > > that connection with other computers in my home wireless. I have
    > tried
    > > everything. I have wireless routers, repeaters but no bridge. Is
    > there a way
    > > to do this wireless.
    > > Thanks Ed
    >
    > I havent tried this particular setup so maybe someone could shed
    some
    > more light on it.
    > Configure your router as just an AP, no DHCP server. Plug a lan port
    > from the AP
    > into and ethernet card (if you have one) on your PC. Run the ICS
    > wizard form the
    > wireless adapter properties/advanced menu and follow instructions.
    > What I
    > am not sure of is how you get your IP address, is it static or
    > dynamic. The ICS
    > I think assigns 192.168.0.1 to your internet connection adapter
    which
    > could
    > prevent you from accessing the internet. I assume your sharing
    > someones connection
    > or is this a wisp??

    Ed was kind enough to email me and let me know this did work for him.
    Thought I would update in case anybody else had the same
    circumstances.

Wireless Connection Wireless Internet Internet Wireless Networking