Free cell windows xp version

mrawitch

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
I just upgraded my computer from Windows xp to Windows 7. I enjoyed playing the windows xp version of free cell. I don't like the newer versions. How can I recover the xp version on this new computer?

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
check this thread out...http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1577-63-free-cell..................sminlal said.......If you want the XP version to run on Windows 7, then what you need to do is to copy the "Freecell.exe" and "Cards.dll" files from the C:\Windows\System32 folder on your XP system to some other folder on your Windows 7 system. Put both files in the same folder, but don't put them into the System32 folder 'cause they'll wipe out the Windows 7 version of the program.

To run the program, just double-click the "Freecell.exe" file. You can create a shortcut to the file on your desktop or pin the program to the taskbar or start menu.

If you want the XP version to run on Windows 7, then what you need to do is to copy the "Freecell.exe" and "Cards.dll" files from the C:\Windows\System32 folder on some XP system to some other folder on your Windows 7 system. Put both files in the same folder, but don't put them into the System32 folder 'cause they'll wipe out the Windows 7 version of the program.

To run the program, just double-click the "Freecell.exe" file. You can create a shortcut to the file on your desktop or pin the program to the taskbar or start menu.