blaine

when I run sfc/scannow, it keeps asking for my windows xp disk. I have put
the disk in countless times, but it acts as if the disk isn't there.

Even with that,if you proceed it is still working...However,to fix that,go
to run,
type:regedit In regedit,expand:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,software,microsoft,
windows,set-up,then L.click on source path.Then L.click on the cdrom,
go to edit,modify,in the new window,change letter to same as in my computer,
or whatever has the xp cd installed in.Once done,close-out regedit,run Sfc
/Scannow

"Blaine" wrote:

> when I run sfc/scannow, it keeps asking for my windows xp disk. I have put
> the disk in countless times, but it acts as if the disk isn't there.

Hi

Which version of XP are you running and is the CD you are trying to use the
same version?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Blaine" <Blaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I run sfc/scannow, it keeps asking for my windows xp disk. I have put
> the disk in countless times, but it acts as if the disk isn't there.

blaine

I am using sp2 and i have tried my original xp cd, the slipstreamed sp1 cd
and my newest slipstreamed sp2 cd. it won't take any of them

Hi

Have a look in Windows Explorer for a folder named i386. Try pointing to
that when asked for the XP CD instead.

--

>I am using sp2 and i have tried my original xp cd, the slipstreamed sp1 cd
> and my newest slipstreamed sp2 cd. it won't take any of them

Hi

Isn't there a Browse button on the screen that is asking for the XP CD? If
so, use that to navigate to the i386 folder.

--

> Nope, it's still asking for the cd

Blaine, perhaps this article will assist

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
Introduction to using scannow sfc (system file checker)

"Blaine" <Blaine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I run sfc/scannow, it keeps asking for my windows xp disk. I have put
> the disk in countless times, but it acts as if the disk isn't there.

blaine

I tried everything in that article, including moving the I386 files to the
hard drive and pointing the registry keys to that location. however, I am
still prompted for my windows xp disk, and it still won't accept any of them.

Hi Blaine, did you by any chance update to SP2?
If you did, you'll need to slipstream your original WinXP CD with the SP2 patch.

Did you insert the install CD before launching the command?