Remove program in Start Menu...

How can I remove a program or actually a game that was previously uninstalled
from my system, from the start menu?

The Sims was istalled on my XP system. It was uninstalled but the name
Maxis/ Sims is still in the Start Up menu...

Please assist me!
2 answers Last reply
More about remove program start menu

    Right click on the item and select Delete.

    Modem Ani

    "714" <714@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I remove a program or actually a game that was previously
    uninstalled
    > from my system, from the start menu?
    >
    > The Sims was istalled on my XP system. It was uninstalled but the name
    > Maxis/ Sims is still in the Start Up menu...
    >
    > Please assist me!

    And if that don't work try safe mode and remove that way.(Safe mode pump the
    F8 key at start-up and go in as administrator.)If that dont work,(Before you
    do this go to start>>>all programs>>>accessories>>>system tools>>>system
    restore>>>then create a restore point before you make any adjustments to your
    registry),Go to Start>>>run>>>type in regedit , then OK>>>click edit
    tab>>>then find>>>type in Maxis/ Sims >>>then click find next>>>right click
    on the entry and delete>>>then click edit,find next again(keep doing this
    till it comes up with finished searching registry.(some things will show up
    in the right side payne just remove the entry on that side,if it shows up on
    the left then remove it from that side,if it's highlited on the right
    side,DON'T REMOVE THE FILE ON THE LEFT.)

    "Modem Ani" wrote:

    > Right click on the item and select Delete.
    >
    > Modem Ani
    >
    > "714" <714@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I remove a program or actually a game that was previously
    > uninstalled
    > > from my system, from the start menu?
    > >
    > > The Sims was istalled on my XP system. It was uninstalled but the name
    > > Maxis/ Sims is still in the Start Up menu...
    > >
    > > Please assist me!

Sims Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP