Compaq EN Series

Hi, I was given a Compaq Deskpro, without disks. Presently, it has win98 on
it and I would like to wipe and reinstall 98 (I have my own 98 to put on
it). The problem is that the only info I can find on the comp is that it is
a Compaq Deskpro, EN Series, Model 0400h. I checked the Compaq website for
the drivers and there are many EN series listed, so I wouldn't know which
one to choose. Is there anywhere else on the computer that I can find the
info I need, or is there a way I can save the Compaq drivers already being
used (and where they would be) for use after the reinstall? TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about compaq series

    Run Compaq Diags for Windows from Control Panel. It will tell you.
    HH

    "hu man" <hu man@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I was given a Compaq Deskpro, without disks. Presently, it has win98
    on
    > it and I would like to wipe and reinstall 98 (I have my own 98 to put on
    > it). The problem is that the only info I can find on the comp is that it
    is
    > a Compaq Deskpro, EN Series, Model 0400h. I checked the Compaq website for
    > the drivers and there are many EN series listed, so I wouldn't know which
    > one to choose. Is there anywhere else on the computer that I can find the
    > info I need, or is there a way I can save the Compaq drivers already being
    > used (and where they would be) for use after the reinstall? TIA

    I just checked there and there isn't a Compaq Diags option there, or
    anything at all to do with Compaq. I am assuming someone prior to me had
    already reinstalled win98. It still has the Compaq BIOS, but all it says in
    there is that it is a Deskpro EN Series. Any other suggestions? Thanks
    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Run Compaq Diags for Windows from Control Panel. It will tell you.
    > HH
    >

    > "hu man" <hu man@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I was given a Compaq Deskpro, without disks. Presently, it has win98
    > on
    > > it and I would like to wipe and reinstall 98 (I have my own 98 to put on
    > > it). The problem is that the only info I can find on the comp is that it
    > is
    > > a Compaq Deskpro, EN Series, Model 0400h. I checked the Compaq website
    for
    > > the drivers and there are many EN series listed, so I wouldn't know
    which
    > > one to choose. Is there anywhere else on the computer that I can find
    the
    > > info I need, or is there a way I can save the Compaq drivers already
    being
    > > used (and where they would be) for use after the reinstall? TIA

    Go here and download and install diags for Windows 98:
    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Deskpro/us/download/14434.html

    > I just checked there and there isn't a Compaq Diags option there, or
    > anything at all to do with Compaq. I am assuming someone prior to me had
    > already reinstalled win98. It still has the Compaq BIOS, but all it says
    in
    > there is that it is a Deskpro EN Series. Any other suggestions? Thanks
    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Run Compaq Diags for Windows from Control Panel. It will tell you.
    > > HH
    > >

    > > "hu man" <hu man@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi, I was given a Compaq Deskpro, without disks. Presently, it has
    win98
    > > on
    > > > it and I would like to wipe and reinstall 98 (I have my own 98 to put
    on
    > > > it). The problem is that the only info I can find on the comp is that
    it
    > > is
    > > > a Compaq Deskpro, EN Series, Model 0400h. I checked the Compaq website
    > for
    > > > the drivers and there are many EN series listed, so I wouldn't know
    > which
    > > > one to choose. Is there anywhere else on the computer that I can find
    > the
    > > > info I need, or is there a way I can save the Compaq drivers already
    > being
    > > > used (and where they would be) for use after the reinstall? TIA

Compaq Drivers Computers