All Programs empty

after getting the weather-bug,newdotnet,and other spy dialers (from
brother-inlaw using my computer while I was working) My IE6 no longer works
and I no longer have all programs-shows empty,My Computer is gone from the
start menu,takes forever to load control panel and add/remove programs comes
up blank,tried to get restore it also comes up blank,and it cant find device
manager,and defrag crashes before it opens.Ran Ad-Aware (it can connect to
internet along with instant messangers)found 1628 items,then ran Spybot S+D
removed 8 items still won't work,Ran highjackthis posted and then removed
several highjacks.Called H/P for help and when tring to pump F10 key to
access recovery partition ,it comes up with dos screen instead of recovery
counsel.H/P says I need to buy the disc's from them to do a reinstall.Q:is
there anyway to get to the recovery section,from the dos screen where it
shows 1:D:\Nlr1 2:D:\ i386 or 3:C:\WINDOWS where I assume D:\ is
the restore drive and C:\ is user partition,what do I need to type in?Was
thinking of C:\ format then D:\1386 copy D:\Windows_C:\Windows
would this work?Or should I put the wife out with her brother and wait
the 2 weeks for restore disc set.
1 answer Last reply
More about programs empty

    "Put the wife out with her brother and wait the 2 weeks for restore disc set"

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "Extraspacexp" wrote:

    | after getting the weather-bug,newdotnet,and other spy dialers (from
    | brother-inlaw using my computer while I was working) My IE6 no longer works
    | and I no longer have all programs-shows empty,My Computer is gone from the
    | start menu,takes forever to load control panel and add/remove programs comes
    | up blank,tried to get restore it also comes up blank,and it cant find device
    | manager,and defrag crashes before it opens.Ran Ad-Aware (it can connect to
    | internet along with instant messangers)found 1628 items,then ran Spybot S+D
    | removed 8 items still won't work,Ran highjackthis posted and then removed
    | several highjacks.Called H/P for help and when tring to pump F10 key to
    | access recovery partition ,it comes up with dos screen instead of recovery
    | counsel.H/P says I need to buy the disc's from them to do a reinstall.Q:is
    | there anyway to get to the recovery section,from the dos screen where it
    | shows 1:D:\Nlr1 2:D:\ i386 or 3:C:\WINDOWS where I assume D:\ is
    | the restore drive and C:\ is user partition,what do I need to type in?Was
    | thinking of C:\ format then D:\1386 copy D:\Windows_C:\Windows
    | would this work?Or should I put the wife out with her brother and wait
    | the 2 weeks for restore disc set.

Windows XP