Cannot remove suspicious programs

Hi there,
I had a security scare recently and after contacting Norton Internet
Security Support Centre they asked me to go through the list of prgrams
installed on my computer and delete those that I suspect being adware (?)
plus, "Internet Optimizer" and "108Search" which everytime I try to delete
nothing happens. Now I have two questions:

1. How can I identify adware from vital programs? (apart from the really
obvious ones!)

2. How can I safely remove those adware programs?

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you very much

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"huno79" wrote:

| Hi there,
| I had a security scare recently and after contacting Norton Internet
| Security Support Centre they asked me to go through the list of prgrams
| installed on my computer and delete those that I suspect being adware (?)
| plus, "Internet Optimizer" and "108Search" which everytime I try to delete
| nothing happens. Now I have two questions:
|
| 1. How can I identify adware from vital programs? (apart from the really
| obvious ones!)
|
| 2. How can I safely remove those adware programs?
|
| Can anyone please help me?
|
| Thank you very much

Thank you very much. It worked really well