Are razor having build quality issues.

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Headsets
  • Mice
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 11, 2011 3:34:24 PM

after owning a few of there perifs. like mouse and headset that both broke within warranty. i started to notice that there are a lot of people having the same issues with a lot of there other products. things like middle mouse buttons across a range of there products all suffer the same fault. after a while the MMB stops responding to pressing down.
and some of there headsets that they claim are robust just arnt. but are sold at a premium because there labeled gaming...
there biggest ripp off are there mouse mats. they claim 37 percent improvement in accuracy yet have a dpi setup that wont let you match the size of your screen exactly so your mouse will never perfectly align with a pixel (thats the point of accuracy isnt it)... and after a few days the surface became unusable the mouse would just jump in random direction...
i revert back to the pvc covered desk and the mouse is smmmmoooootttthhhhh... £30 down the drain for nothing... well it looks pretty but thats it...

i aint saying dont buy em, thats your choice and its a free market. but to me they do seem to be heading to more style over content. which is a real shame because there lachesis was a great mouse while it worked.

whats your experience with razor

More about : razor build quality issues

December 11, 2011 3:58:27 PM

I don't own a Razor periferic , i heard a lot of people having problem with that brand. ( in my country ) I own a Gigabyte GK-K8100 keyboard and A4Tech XL-740K Oscar Laser Gaming Mouse. And i have no problem with them for almost 1 year.
December 11, 2011 4:13:03 PM

i do not like their keyboards for this reason, but i have not had problems with the mouse or headset. i take very good care of my things so this can be a factor
Related resources
December 11, 2011 4:50:39 PM

For all the negative things I've heard about Razer from reputable people, both myself and a friend of mine own Razer Mambas (mouse) and have zero complaints about them, going on a year now. Granted, I don't think a 150 dollar mouse is necessarily indicative of their entire product line's build quality, nor do 2 good apples make the dozen. All I can say is that my personal experience with their products, while limited, has actually been positive.
December 12, 2011 5:39:59 AM

well thats good to hear...
December 12, 2011 10:43:07 AM

Oh and i always buy Logitech, i have had the following for 12 months or more with no issues.

MICE =

G500
G9X Lazer
MX Revolution

KEYBOARDS =
G110
G510
G19

But i do have a set of Razer Carcharias headphones for 8 months without issue.
December 12, 2011 11:42:26 AM

I use razer abyssus , razer megalodon and razer blackwidow I always use razer without any problem so does 3 friends of mine I dunno about you guys but I have my razer abyssus for like 2 years now without a single problem . The thing is that i never hit them or throw them down maby razer peripherals are a little bit more sensitive at hits.
December 12, 2011 12:35:00 PM

don't get me wrong i do take care of my kit. the mouse sits on my desk and nowhere else so it doesn't get banged about. im not hard on the switches either... all the problems i have described are genuine fails, not just carelessness.
i wouldn't have brought it up if it was my own sausage fingers causing the issues.
December 12, 2011 1:18:43 PM

I have heard about mmb failing and it has been said that the switch they use for it is too soft and could have been a bit more robust, but razer response is that would decrease the sensitivity to click (ie make it hard to click the mmb)

the practicality of it, I don't have a comment on, I only recently purchased an abyssus myself, but haven't had a chance to use it for a long period of time.
December 12, 2011 2:31:22 PM

HEXiT said:
don't get me wrong i do take care of my kit. the mouse sits on my desk and nowhere else so it doesn't get banged about. im not hard on the switches either... all the problems i have described are genuine fails, not just carelessness.
i wouldn't have brought it up if it was my own sausage fingers causing the issues.

Hmm thats weird i never had any problem with any of my razer peripherals and i do game a lot =/ maby it was some unlucky buys of yours
December 13, 2011 1:00:03 AM

I'm leaning towards if hardware fails within the warranty lifetime, it had a manufacturing flaw and is obviously covered by the warranty. On one hand if it's something consistent then it might indicate that their production tolerances are obviously not up to notch and they should revise their design, but such statement is hard to make on a consumer level. the case with mmb which u mentioned and I already wrote about earlier, razer as a responsible company shoulda figured that out and revised the supplier or design, but I don't know if they will bother to do so.

One thing to keep in mind that even though these things are sold at a premium it's not because of the fact that it undergone better testing on production line or because it has better pass/fail tolerances during manufacture than other mice, but simply because it's got a brand name and flashy LED logos on it.
!