What's most stable MB for Windows XP???

G

Just curious what's the most stable MB with Windows XP, as well as upgradability. I'm really confused if I should go the Athlon or P4 route.

I currently have An ASUS K7V MB, Athlon 800. I have an SB Live Card and GeForce2 64DDR. My son has the exact same system, except he has a Voodoo3 card. Both systems have Windows XP.

He has no problems at all with his system. I have tons of problems and these infinite loop errors and BSOD. I have tried every known NVIDIA driver known to man and still problems.

Now, we are just going to buy two good systems with GeForce3 T200, SB Live Audigy and either good MB/CPU combo for Pent4 1.7 or Athlon XP.

What system you guys have and happy with the above setup?

SkuZzZz

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2001
chaintech 7kjd, audigy & creative gf3 ti200 & 768Mb ram athlon tb1.4, will run for about a month between reboots (only have to reboot cos virtual memory starts to thrash the hdd) if I overclock it becoms unstable above 146fsb (i think the gf3 is to blame)but other than that it is rock solid........I`ve never used a P4 though....

Kronos

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2001
Windows XP is stable on any platform other than a Mac.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.