WoW System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred Johnson

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
Hello,

I'm getting into World of Warcraft and I'd like to know whether I have a good enough system to play the game

I have:

Windows 7 64 bit
4 GB RAM DDR3
AMD Athlon II 2x Processor
ATI Radeon 4500

Thanks

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
With a setup like the one in the OP, you will need to turn all settings except projected textures down quite a bit. Even with this being the case, you won't pass 20-30fps in a 25man raid, nor in a 10man raid really. Maybe 40 fps when nothing at all is occurring.

It's sufficient to play the game, but it is something that competitive raiders in the game will hold against you on guild applications and such.

Fred Johnson

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Thanks for your reply Psychblade.

My game experience looks a little better actually than the one you linked me on YouTube

I think I am fine given my level of gameplay and the minimum system requirements they list on the WoW site but causalcolors raises an interesting point about more advanced play

Fred Johnson

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011

Ok so when/if I get deeper into the game there are applications I will be using that make my setup inadequate. I've never even heard of these guild applications As long as I'm all right for now I can always upgrade my card later if need be

Thanks for your reply casualcolors

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Basically as you progress into the "end game" content, if you become good at the game you'll gravitate toward other good players and they tend to require a certain generally accepted minimum in terms of hardware specs, which that setup doesn't meet. For learning the game or playing it casually though, it's fine. You just won't have all of the eye-candy.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Sorry but whatever is considered the minimum is usually dictated by the group of people you're playing with and what they expect to get out of the game. I should have been more clear. I meant generally accepted as per that group of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.