laptop monitor dim on battery power

Can someone please tell me how to stop my monitor from dimming when I switch
to battery power. The battery is fully charged.I even switched batteries. I
am on a Sony Vaio PCG FX-190. I am running XP Pro. I upgraded from that lousy
ME. I have already installed all SP available. HELP!
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop monitor battery power

    I have a Vaio also -- all you have to do is press and hold
    the 'Fn' key and press the 'F5' key. The F5 key is marked
    with a sunburst in white under the 'F5' logo. A small box
    will appear. Use the right/left arrow keys to make the
    brightness go up/down.

    You control the volume up/down in the same manner but with
    different function keys.

    Read your manual.

    There should be info about going onto battery power in the power options
    under control panel. This should say for example when the battery has full
    or half power etc. what brightness the system will use.

    --
    Thanks,
    Andrew Bonney (abweb)

    www.andrewbonney.com
    andrew@bonney.co.uk
    Tel: 01943 872966
    Fax: 08701 309329

    abweb is a registered Microsoft partner

    This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses and
    worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in error,
    please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read the e-mail
    as it may contain personal information.

    "Mary Jo" <Mary Jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me how to stop my monitor from dimming when I
    > switch
    > to battery power. The battery is fully charged.I even switched batteries.
    > am on a Sony Vaio PCG FX-190. I am running XP Pro. I upgraded from that
    > lousy
    > ME. I have already installed all SP available. HELP!

Battery Monitors Power Windows XP