laptop monitor dim on battery power

Can someone please tell me how to stop my monitor from dimming when I switch
to battery power. The battery is fully charged.I even switched batteries. I
am on a Sony Vaio PCG FX-190. I am running XP Pro. I upgraded from that lousy
ME. I have already installed all SP available. HELP!

bill

I have a Vaio also -- all you have to do is press and hold
the 'Fn' key and press the 'F5' key. The F5 key is marked
with a sunburst in white under the 'F5' logo. A small box
will appear. Use the right/left arrow keys to make the
brightness go up/down.

You control the volume up/down in the same manner but with
different function keys.

Read your manual.

There should be info about going onto battery power in the power options
under control panel. This should say for example when the battery has full
or half power etc. what brightness the system will use.

--
Thanks,
Andrew Bonney (abweb)

www.andrewbonney.com
andrew@bonney.co.uk
Tel: 01943 872966
Fax: 08701 309329

abweb is a registered Microsoft partner

This e-mail was scanned with Norton AntiVirus 2004 software for viruses and
worms prior to the message being sent. If you received this e-mail in error,
please reply to abweb to explain the problem. Please do not read the e-mail
as it may contain personal information.