Dlink : "Access Point" or "Wireless Client" mode?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
January 7, 2005 10:09:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband (More info?)

I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.

Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point" ? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).

Confused,
Alfie.

More about : dlink access point wireless client mode

January 7, 2005 10:09:52 PM

Alfie wrote:

> I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an
> access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
> couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.
>
> Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point"
> ? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).
>

> Confused,
> Alfie.

Short answer: "Yes"

Longer answer: You can configure it either way, with different results.

Most likely, you want to be able to reach your ADSL connection and/or the
other PCs in your wireless network. For that, set up the 2000AP+ as a
Wireless Client.

Roby
January 7, 2005 11:41:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband (More info?)

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a lash tomorrow.

Cheers,
Alfie.
!