Dlink : "Access Point" or "Wireless Client" mode?

Alfie

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband (More info?)

I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.

Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point" ? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).

Confused,
Alfie.

roby

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

Alfie wrote:

> I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an
> access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
> couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.
>
> Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point"
> ? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).
>

> Confused,
> Alfie.

Short answer: "Yes"

Longer answer: You can configure it either way, with different results.

Most likely, you want to be able to reach your ADSL connection and/or the
other PCs in your wireless network. For that, set up the 2000AP+ as a
Wireless Client.

Roby