Dlink : "Access Point" or "Wireless Client" mode?

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband (More info?)

I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.

Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point" ? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).

Confused,
Alfie.
2 answers Last reply
More about dlink access point wireless client mode
  1. Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband (More info?)

    Alfie wrote:

    > I have a wireless modem/router at home (Dlink DSL G604T) and a PC with an
    > access point (DSL-2000AP+) hanging off it's ethernet port. There are a
    > couple of other PCs on the wireless network but they connect fine.
    >
    > Do I configure the 2000AP+ as a "Wireless Client" or as an "Access Point"
    > ? (It does bridging and something else too but that definately isn't it).
    >

    > Confused,
    > Alfie.

    Short answer: "Yes"

    Longer answer: You can configure it either way, with different results.

    Most likely, you want to be able to reach your ADSL connection and/or the
    other PCs in your wireless network. For that, set up the 2000AP+ as a
    Wireless Client.

    Roby
  2. Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless,uk.telecom.broadband (More info?)

    Thanks for the info. I'll give it a lash tomorrow.

    Cheers,
    Alfie.

Wireless D-Link Wireless Networking