Page-fault-in-unpaged-area on a Dell with windows 7 home premium

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Dell
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows 7
October 3, 2010 10:24:13 PM

I have a new year old DELL desktop,64 bit, with lots of memory and a huge hard drive.I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 in 2009. At least two or three times since then Windows has had problems starting because I did not have a valid version. I would do what was asked to verify it and things would be ok.Three days ago Windows wouldn't start at all and gave the above error. The computer was working fine the night before and no new programs or hard ware changes had been done.Windows 7 was registered the day I installed it.
I cannot get into safe mode if I push f8.I tried to change boot order to dvd drive first and can do that but I wind back on the same repair page,I unchecked something to stop the loop .
I am not familiar with windows 7. When I changed the boot order,it looked ok but now I get an error about a floppy.I didn't change anything about a floppy as I don't have a back up floppy.I want to be able to install reinstall vista via the dvd drive anyway.
My goal at this point is to take Windows 7 off and go back to Vista.The ironic thing is that I have 9 computers ranging in ages from 12 to 1 years old.All the others work. PLease help. I sure I don't need to replace the memory as i am retired and have to splurge modestly on my computer hobby. :pfff: 

More about : page fault unpaged area dell windows home premium

October 4, 2010 2:29:29 AM

It's most likely the graphics card. Try booting into safe mode and remove graphics driver. That should fix your problem as a temporary measure. However, I'd advice you to get it fixed.

Try F12 or F10 to get into safe mode if F8 does not work.
m
l
October 4, 2010 2:50:25 AM

alikum said:
It's most likely the graphics card. Try booting into safe mode and remove graphics driver. That should fix your problem as a temporary measure. However, I'd advice you to get it fixed.

Try F12 or F10 to get into safe mode if F8 does not work.

Please excuse my ignorance but how do I use f10 or f12 to get to safemode? F12 is the page with all those items you click on. I thought you pushed f10 to save and quick f12.I have been doing computers for years but have large gaps in my knowledge. Sorry.
What will disabling the graphics card do to my monitor?
If I can get into safe mode,do I go to system to remove the graphics driver.
m
l
October 5, 2010 6:27:09 PM

:pfff:  :bounce:  I don't know how I did it but I got to a page to request safe mode. It didn't work . I went back to the error page again.Someone suggested that I download a program called regcure to diagnose this computer. If I could download anything,I wouldn't be having the problems I am having.I only have one windows computer and it's not working.I can't burn a dvd of the program.
How can I get to a terminal to use commands?
m
l