Add/Remove Programs data

I have a huge block of blank data in the list of programs when accessing the
Add/Remove Programs icon.

How do I clean this up.
I installed Service Pack 2 thinking that it would fix it.
I purchased Norton Systemworks 2005 thinking it would fix it.
but the blank block still exists in the list of installed programs.
3 answers Last reply
More about remove programs data

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 226 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "higginstp" <higginstp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a huge block of blank data in the list of programs when accessing
    >the
    > Add/Remove Programs icon.
    >
    > How do I clean this up.
    > I installed Service Pack 2 thinking that it would fix it.
    > I purchased Norton Systemworks 2005 thinking it would fix it.
    > but the blank block still exists in the list of installed programs.

    Courtesy of Kelly
    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Add or Remove - White Space
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#ws

    [[This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From
    here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last
    application listed:
    Start/Run/Regedit:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{} ]]

    AutoCad Fix
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autocadaddremovefix.zip

    Autodesk Land Desktop 3 Fix
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip

    ===

    I have AutoCAD LT 2000i. The white space in Add or Remove Programs usually
    shows up after the AutoCAD LT 2000i listing. If you want to tweak the
    registry...

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0065-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_SZ
    Value Data: C:\Program Files\AutoCAD LT 2000i\aclt.exe,-1

    Notice the aclt.exe,-1?? You can change it to read aclt.exe,1

    Or you can run one of the fixes. I have both autocadaddremovefix.zip &
    autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.zip. They both include icons.
    autocadaddremovefix.vbs is the one that works for me. It's easier to use
    the fix than changing the -1.

    I get the white space in Add or Remove Programs every time that I add or
    remove a program. It isn't always AutoCAD LT that has the white space after
    it, sometimes it's another program. At any rate, one of the fixes will
    work. Until the next time. ;-)

    autocadaddremovefix.vbs adds an autocad.ico icon to the %systemroot%\web
    folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0101-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Value Data: %systemroot%\web\autocad.ico

    autodesk-landdesktop3-addremovefix.vbs adds an acad.ico icon to the
    %systemroot%\web folder. It also adds this to the registry >>
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    {5783F2D7-0138-0409-0000-0060B0CE6BBA}
    Value Name: DisplayIcon
    Value Type: REG_EXPAND_SZ
    Value Data: %systemroot%\web\acad.ico
    -----

    From snowman...
    AutoCAD 2002 is

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:3F98C750-6B05-4D8C-B3A2-50C39C7A930C@microsoft.com,
    higginstp <higginstp@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I have a huge block of blank data in the list of programs when
    > accessing the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    >
    > How do I clean this up.
    > I installed Service Pack 2 thinking that it would fix it.
    > I purchased Norton Systemworks 2005 thinking it would fix it.
    > but the blank block still exists in the list of installed programs.

    I had the same problem but it was a big blacked out area. The two replies are
    right.

    This kellys-korner link has the fix.

    Line 226 - right hand side

    One application cause the problem for me. I just removed the reference to
    that program in regedit and the black spot dissapeared.

    Good Luck.

    "higginstp" wrote:

    > I have a huge block of blank data in the list of programs when accessing the
    > Add/Remove Programs icon.
    >
    > How do I clean this up.
    > I installed Service Pack 2 thinking that it would fix it.
    > I purchased Norton Systemworks 2005 thinking it would fix it.
    > but the blank block still exists in the list of installed programs.

Norton Microsoft Windows XP