Voicemail messages "marked for deletion" instead of deleted

Sometimes when I delete a voicemail, it doesn't actually get deleted --
instead, the next time I dial in to check my voicemail, I have to listen
to "You have ___ messages marked for deletion" and then I have to listen
to those messages before I get to hear the new messages I wanted to hear.

Is there something that can be done to prevent this? Why can't the
messages just disappear when I delete them?
1 answer Last reply
More about voicemail messages marked deletion deleted

    Mitchell Weitz wrote:

    > Sometimes when I delete a voicemail, it doesn't actually get deleted --
    > instead, the next time I dial in to check my voicemail, I have to listen
    > to "You have ___ messages marked for deletion" and then I have to listen
    > to those messages before I get to hear the new messages I wanted to hear.
    >
    > Is there something that can be done to prevent this? Why can't the
    > messages just disappear when I delete them?

    I always hear the new messages before it tells me about deleted messages
    (which I usually ignore).

    LB

Verizon Internet Service Providers