Voicemail messages "marked for deletion" instead of deleted

Sometimes when I delete a voicemail, it doesn't actually get deleted --
instead, the next time I dial in to check my voicemail, I have to listen
to "You have ___ messages marked for deletion" and then I have to listen
to those messages before I get to hear the new messages I wanted to hear.

Is there something that can be done to prevent this? Why can't the
messages just disappear when I delete them?

Mitchell Weitz wrote:

> Sometimes when I delete a voicemail, it doesn't actually get deleted --
> instead, the next time I dial in to check my voicemail, I have to listen
> to "You have ___ messages marked for deletion" and then I have to listen
> to those messages before I get to hear the new messages I wanted to hear.
>
> Is there something that can be done to prevent this? Why can't the
> messages just disappear when I delete them?

I always hear the new messages before it tells me about deleted messages
(which I usually ignore).

LB