desktop propertys

Hi Guy
I did an upgrade from XP home to XP pro.
Now on my desktop propertys,Desktop tab,i now have a funny setup.
I have a brouse button and in the background pictures it displays some
pictures from all my picture folders , kinda like a screensaver of my
picture folders.
When i look in C: , windows , Web , wallpaper folder it diplays the normal
pictures for the desktop.
What would cause this , and what is the cure.
Thanks

--
Carl G
9 answers Last reply

    This sounds like it is working as expected.

    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi Guy
    > I did an upgrade from XP home to XP pro.
    > Now on my desktop propertys,Desktop tab,i now have a funny setup.
    > I have a brouse button and in the background pictures it displays some
    > pictures from all my picture folders , kinda like a screensaver of my
    > picture folders.
    > When i look in C: , windows , Web , wallpaper folder it diplays the normal
    > pictures for the desktop.
    > What would cause this , and what is the cure.
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Carl G

    Hi Mark
    I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the my
    picture folder.
    If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop tab it
    should only have the default pic there,
    not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    computer.
    Sonthing wrong there.

    --
    Carl G
    "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    > This sounds like it is working as expected.
    >

    > "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Hi Guy
    >> I did an upgrade from XP home to XP pro.
    >> Now on my desktop propertys,Desktop tab,i now have a funny setup.
    >> I have a brouse button and in the background pictures it displays some
    >> pictures from all my picture folders , kinda like a screensaver of my
    >> picture folders.
    >> When i look in C: , windows , Web , wallpaper folder it diplays the
    >> normal pictures for the desktop.
    >> What would cause this , and what is the cure.
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl G

    Every machine I have has the browse button.
    Though I don't get all of My Pictures in the folder
    Only the pictures from c:\windows and c:\windows\web\wallpaper

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    > Hi Mark
    > I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the
    > my picture folder.
    > If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop tab
    > it should only have the default pic there,
    > not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    > computer.
    > Sonthing wrong there.
    >
    > --
    > Carl G
    > "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    >> This sounds like it is working as expected.
    >>

    >> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Guy
    >>> I did an upgrade from XP home to XP pro.
    >>> Now on my desktop propertys,Desktop tab,i now have a funny setup.
    >>> I have a brouse button and in the background pictures it displays some
    >>> pictures from all my picture folders , kinda like a screensaver of my
    >>> picture folders.
    >>> When i look in C: , windows , Web , wallpaper folder it diplays the
    >>> normal pictures for the desktop.
    >>> What would cause this , and what is the cure.
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl G

    Put more than approx 100 pictures in My Pics.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message news:%230ISPIEFFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Hi Mark
    > I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the my
    > picture folder.
    > If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop tab it
    > should only have the default pic there,
    > not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    > computer.
    > Sonthing wrong there.
    >
    > --
    > Carl G
    > "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    >> This sounds like it is working as expected.
    >>

    >> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Guy
    >>> I did an upgrade from XP home to XP pro.
    >>> Now on my desktop propertys,Desktop tab,i now have a funny setup.
    >>> I have a brouse button and in the background pictures it displays some
    >>> pictures from all my picture folders , kinda like a screensaver of my
    >>> picture folders.
    >>> When i look in C: , windows , Web , wallpaper folder it diplays the
    >>> normal pictures for the desktop.
    >>> What would cause this , and what is the cure.
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl G

    Hi David
    My apologies to Mark, it should have a browse button.
    David,
    My picture folder contains about 3500 pictures.I keep them all on my ps.
    (and on CD).
    I have never seen more then the default ,20 or so , in the background list
    before though.
    Just seems kinda strange, everything works ok.
    Just thinking with one problem it may lead to more.
    It don't bother anything as far as working right.I just know it shouldn't be
    that way.
    Any more sugestions.
    --
    Carl G
    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    Put more than approx 100 pictures in My Pics.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi Mark
    > I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the
    > my
    > picture folder.
    > If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop tab
    > it
    > should only have the default pic there,
    > not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    > computer.
    > Sonthing wrong there.
    >
    > --
    > Carl G
    > "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    >> This sounds like it is working as expected.
    >>

    >> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Guy
    >>> I did an upgrade from XP home to XP pro.
    >>> Now on my desktop propertys,Desktop tab,i now have a funny setup.
    >>> I have a brouse button and in the background pictures it displays some
    >>> pictures from all my picture folders , kinda like a screensaver of my
    >>> picture folders.
    >>> When i look in C: , windows , Web , wallpaper folder it diplays the
    >>> normal pictures for the desktop.
    >>> What would cause this , and what is the cure.
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl G

    At about 100 pictures (it's 104 or some nearby similar stupid number) My Pics stop showing in Desktop Properties. Some have reported it as low as 50 odd but I doubt them.

    So delete 3400 odd files and the remainder should show.

    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message news:%23fO2ZiEFFHA.2176@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Hi David
    > My apologies to Mark, it should have a browse button.
    > David,
    > My picture folder contains about 3500 pictures.I keep them all on my ps.
    > (and on CD).
    > I have never seen more then the default ,20 or so , in the background list
    > before though.
    > Just seems kinda strange, everything works ok.
    > Just thinking with one problem it may lead to more.
    > It don't bother anything as far as working right.I just know it shouldn't be
    > that way.
    > Any more sugestions.
    > --
    > Carl G
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > Put more than approx 100 pictures in My Pics.

    > http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    > "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Hi Mark
    >> I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the
    >> my
    >> picture folder.
    >> If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop tab
    >> it
    >> should only have the default pic there,
    >> not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    >> computer.
    >> Sonthing wrong there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl G
    >> "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    >>> This sounds like it is working as expected.
    >>>

    >>> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message

    Hi David
    I think we have a misunderstanding , it shows all my picture folder pictures
    in the desktop propertys.All i have to do is scroll,don't have to browse.
    Instead of the default 18 or 20 it shows all picture folder pictures , i
    have lots of subfolders and it shows some from each folder.
    This isn't hurting anything, just trying to figure out why it happened or
    what made it happen.
    Thanks

    --
    At about 100 pictures (it's 104 or some nearby similar stupid number) My
    Pics stop showing in Desktop Properties. Some have reported it as low as 50
    odd but I doubt them.

    So delete 3400 odd files and the remainder should show.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi David
    > My apologies to Mark, it should have a browse button.
    > David,
    > My picture folder contains about 3500 pictures.I keep them all on my ps.
    > (and on CD).
    > I have never seen more then the default ,20 or so , in the background list
    > before though.
    > Just seems kinda strange, everything works ok.
    > Just thinking with one problem it may lead to more.
    > It don't bother anything as far as working right.I just know it shouldn't
    > be
    > that way.
    > Any more sugestions.
    > --
    > Carl G
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > Put more than approx 100 pictures in My Pics.

    > http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    > "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Hi Mark
    >> I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the
    >> my
    >> picture folder.
    >> If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop tab
    >> it
    >> should only have the default pic there,
    >> not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    >> computer.
    >> Sonthing wrong there.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carl G
    >> "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    >>> This sounds like it is working as expected.
    >>>

    >>> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message

    Put 10 pictures in My Pics then try again with 120. (right mouse drag will allow you to copy the files and auto rename them). Files in sub folders count.

    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message news:uvTnZOLFFHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi David
    > I think we have a misunderstanding , it shows all my picture folder pictures
    > in the desktop propertys.All i have to do is scroll,don't have to browse.
    > Instead of the default 18 or 20 it shows all picture folder pictures , i
    > have lots of subfolders and it shows some from each folder.
    > This isn't hurting anything, just trying to figure out why it happened or
    > what made it happen.
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Carl G
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > At about 100 pictures (it's 104 or some nearby similar stupid number) My
    > Pics stop showing in Desktop Properties. Some have reported it as low as 50
    > odd but I doubt them.
    >
    > So delete 3400 odd files and the remainder should show.

    > http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    > "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Hi David
    >> My apologies to Mark, it should have a browse button.
    >> David,
    >> My picture folder contains about 3500 pictures.I keep them all on my ps.
    >> (and on CD).
    >> I have never seen more then the default ,20 or so , in the background list
    >> before though.
    >> Just seems kinda strange, everything works ok.
    >> Just thinking with one problem it may lead to more.
    >> It don't bother anything as far as working right.I just know it shouldn't
    >> be
    >> that way.
    >> Any more sugestions.
    >> --
    >> Carl G
    >> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    >> Put more than approx 100 pictures in My Pics.
    >>
    >> --
    >> http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    >> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Mark
    >>> I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the
    >>> my
    >>> picture folder.
    >>> If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop tab
    >>> it
    >>> should only have the default pic there,
    >>> not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    >>> computer.
    >>> Sonthing wrong there.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl G
    >>> "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message

  9. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Hi David
    I haven't figured out WHY this happened yet but i got it cured.
    I cut and pasted all my picture sub folders into a new folder, rebooted and
    all was normal again. Then i cut and pasted them all back to my picture
    folder and all stayed normal.
    Thanks for all the help guys.

    --
    Put 10 pictures in My Pics then try again with 120. (right mouse drag will
    allow you to copy the files and auto rename them). Files in sub folders
    count.

    http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    > Hi David
    > I think we have a misunderstanding , it shows all my picture folder
    > pictures
    > in the desktop propertys.All i have to do is scroll,don't have to browse.
    > Instead of the default 18 or 20 it shows all picture folder pictures , i
    > have lots of subfolders and it shows some from each folder.
    > This isn't hurting anything, just trying to figure out why it happened or
    > what made it happen.
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Carl G
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > At about 100 pictures (it's 104 or some nearby similar stupid number) My
    > Pics stop showing in Desktop Properties. Some have reported it as low as
    > 50
    > odd but I doubt them.
    >
    > So delete 3400 odd files and the remainder should show.

    > http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    > "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >> Hi David
    >> My apologies to Mark, it should have a browse button.
    >> David,
    >> My picture folder contains about 3500 pictures.I keep them all on my ps.
    >> (and on CD).
    >> I have never seen more then the default ,20 or so , in the background
    >> list
    >> before though.
    >> Just seems kinda strange, everything works ok.
    >> Just thinking with one problem it may lead to more.
    >> It don't bother anything as far as working right.I just know it shouldn't
    >> be
    >> that way.
    >> Any more sugestions.
    >> --
    >> Carl G
    >> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    >> Put more than approx 100 pictures in My Pics.
    >>
    >> --
    >> http://www.microscum.com/mscommunity/
    >> "Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
    >>> Hi Mark
    >>> I have never seen the back ground folder contain all the pictures in the
    >>> my
    >>> picture folder.
    >>> If i right click on my desktop and chose propertys , click on desktop
    >>> tab
    >>> it
    >>> should only have the default pic there,
    >>> not my whole picture folder, with a browse button to browse my whole
    >>> computer.
    >>> Sonthing wrong there.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carl G