asus

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Hi, Guys,

I used to install Windows 2000 on my ABIT BP6-L. It worked just fine. However, ever since I tried to upgrade it to Windows XP, it has been dead for a couple of weeks. I mean, I cann't install Windows 2000 from both Boot disks and CD-ROM any more. It always shows me the blue screen after finish copying the files from those four boot disks. Does any body have good solution?

Another problem I currently face is:
My hard driver is 10 GB, but it can only recognize 8 GB now even though I've tried to FDISK it. Should I change the BIOS setting? Actually, I've tried it. Nevertheless, it didn't work. Please help~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!

svol

Champion
Check if your harddisk jumper is seated right, some HD's have a feature to limit the drives cappacity by setting the jumper in a special way.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

I have a friend who bought a computer pre-installed with Win2K. But he didn't like it and want to downgrade to Win98. He finished booting from the CD-ROM & install it, but failed to make it start from HD.

At that time, he ask for my advice, I bring BeOS R5Pro and install it. Successfully boot from HD. After that, he installed Win98 (wipe out the BeOS) and suceessfully boot from HD.

Later on, I found out that MS Win2K has somekind of lock to prevent downgrade. And By installing non-MS software break the lock.

And there were another way to break this lock:
* Insert boot disk, or boot from cd-rom.
* type: FDISK/MBR.
* then install the 'downgrade' OS.

TRENDING THREADS