building a back-up/system restore disk......

how do i create a back-up/system restore disk using my cdr-w drive and not
the 3.5 floppy? i recently lost all info on my hard drive and do not want to
have to load/reinstall everything if it crashes again.
thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about building back system restore disk

    NT Backup can use cds,all one needs to do is collect data to a new folder that
    you create,once data is collected,R.click on the folder,select,send to
    cdrw.You
    can also use file transfer wizard,set as old computer in the wizard,select
    what
    data for it to copy,again,send data to new folder,then transfer to
    cdrw.Actually
    microsoft techs prefer file transfer,if xp or hardware fail,one only needs
    to re-
    install xp,run the wizard,then get updates,this gets you a fresh,clean
    install.

    rockrtboy <rockrtboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >how do i create a back-up/system restore disk using my cdr-w drive and not
    >the 3.5 floppy? i recently lost all info on my hard drive and do not want to
    >have to load/reinstall everything if it crashes again.

    You have to buy third-party software for this. NTBACKUP can only use
    floppys.

    --
    (tm)

Floppy Disk System Restore Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP