building a back-up/system restore disk......

how do i create a back-up/system restore disk using my cdr-w drive and not
the 3.5 floppy? i recently lost all info on my hard drive and do not want to
have to load/reinstall everything if it crashes again.
thank you

NT Backup can use cds,all one needs to do is collect data to a new folder that
you create,once data is collected,R.click on the folder,select,send to
cdrw.You
can also use file transfer wizard,set as old computer in the wizard,select
what
data for it to copy,again,send data to new folder,then transfer to
cdrw.Actually
microsoft techs prefer file transfer,if xp or hardware fail,one only needs
to re-
install xp,run the wizard,then get updates,this gets you a fresh,clean
install.

rockrtboy <rockrtboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>how do i create a back-up/system restore disk using my cdr-w drive and not
>the 3.5 floppy? i recently lost all info on my hard drive and do not want to
>have to load/reinstall everything if it crashes again.

You have to buy third-party software for this. NTBACKUP can only use
floppys.

--
(tm)