Cleaning up Windows after reformat

I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP. I restored my files using the
Backup wizard, but now have many shortcuts to programs that are not
installed. What is the easiest way to clean up the clutter for items that no
longer exist?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about cleaning windows reformat

    Download the free thirty-day trial version of
    System Mechanic and run the "Find and Fix
    Broken Shortcuts" utility.

    System Mechanic
    http://www.iolo.com/sm/5/index.cfm

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "craezer" wrote:

    | I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP. I restored my files using the
    | Backup wizard, but now have many shortcuts to programs that are not
    | installed. What is the easiest way to clean up the clutter for items that no
    | longer exist?
    |
    | Thanks.

    Right click and delete.

    --
    Walter Clayton

    "craezer" <craezer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I reformatted and reinstalled Windows XP. I restored my files using the
    > Backup wizard, but now have many shortcuts to programs that are not
    > installed. What is the easiest way to clean up the clutter for items that
    > no
    > longer exist?
    >
    > Thanks.

Backup Microsoft Windows XP