CMOS setup disk

Can anyone tell me how to make a setup or backup disk with my CMOS settings
to run if the battery fails on my computer? I am running Windows XP, SP1.

Ron , hidcrk@yahoo.com
2 answers Last reply
More about cmos setup disk

    All the major computer manufacturers have BIOSes available for download.
    Follow the directions on the web site.

    It's extremely unlikely that the battery on your motherboard will fail,
    unless your computer is many years old. If such a battery does fail, it's a
    simple job to replace it. After you replace the battery, and presuming that
    your computer is not otherwise damaged, you simply restart your computer
    with the BIOS diskette in the drive and your BIOS is restored.

    I am not aware of an application that backs up your BIOS, although it's not
    hard to piece together what's in the BIOS with XP's System Information tool
    or third party software. However, in less time than it would take to read
    through System Information or to locate and install third party software you
    can simply copy down the information from your BIOS screens with pen and
    paper.

    Modem Ani

    "hidcrk" <hidcrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how to make a setup or backup disk with my CMOS
    settings
    > to run if the battery fails on my computer? I am running Windows XP, SP1.
    >
    > Ron , hidcrk@yahoo.com

    "hidcrk" <hidcrk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how to make a setup or backup disk with my CMOS
    > settings
    > to run if the battery fails on my computer? I am running Windows XP, SP1.
    >
    > Ron , hidcrk@yahoo.com

    It's probably easier to just write down the settings. Actually, if it's an
    oem machine it's probably at the default settings anyway, so there's nothing
    to lose.

Microsoft CMOS Windows XP