Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best Verizon Cellphone Currently Offered

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
December 29, 2004 2:29:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Chances are I am going to buy my way out of my Suncom contract since I
hate them so much. I am wanting to go with Verizon but have no idea
what phone to choose considering I have never used any brand other than
Nokia and Motorola.

Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
recommend, please let me know.

1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.

Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
how CDMA phones compare.

Second most important feature is size and weight. Smaller and lighter
is better.

The only must have features is 2nd display, calendar with alarm and a
calculator.

Thanks in advance.
Erica
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 12:23:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

<admin@motocrosstracks.net> wrote in message
news:1104348567.548596.149410@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Chances are I am going to buy my way out of my Suncom contract since I
> hate them so much. I am wanting to go with Verizon but have no idea
> what phone to choose considering I have never used any brand other than
> Nokia and Motorola.
>
> Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
> currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
> recommend, please let me know.
>
> 1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
> 2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
> 3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>
> Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
> almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
> than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
> how CDMA phones compare.
>
> Second most important feature is size and weight. Smaller and lighter
> is better.
>
> The only must have features is 2nd display, calendar with alarm and a
> calculator.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Erica
>

The Feb 05 issue of Consumer Reports top rates the LG 7000 followed by the
Kyo SE47, LG 3200, Sam SCH-a650 and a670 and Moto V710. They don't address
features like 2nd display, etc. so you'd need to check that out at the
store.

Ike
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 12:50:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I have the LG 7000 and LG 6000 and I love them both.

David R. Goyer

--
All email is scanned and deemed virus free by Norton Anti-Virus 2003.
"Ira Hayes" <redmanospam@xxxhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:NfFAd.1697$JC2.288@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> <admin@motocrosstracks.net> wrote in message
> news:1104348567.548596.149410@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> Chances are I am going to buy my way out of my Suncom contract since I
>> hate them so much. I am wanting to go with Verizon but have no idea
>> what phone to choose considering I have never used any brand other than
>> Nokia and Motorola.
>>
>> Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
>> currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
>> recommend, please let me know.
>>
>> 1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
>> 2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>> 3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>>
>> Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
>> almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
>> than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
>> how CDMA phones compare.
>>
>> Second most important feature is size and weight. Smaller and lighter
>> is better.
>>
>> The only must have features is 2nd display, calendar with alarm and a
>> calculator.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Erica
>>
>
> The Feb 05 issue of Consumer Reports top rates the LG 7000 followed by the
> Kyo SE47, LG 3200, Sam SCH-a650 and a670 and Moto V710. They don't address
> features like 2nd display, etc. so you'd need to check that out at the
> store.
>
> Ike
>
Related resources
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 7:15:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

We have the LG4500 and LG6000 and love them both. Great Reception and built
solid as a rock.

Bruce D. Brown

"Ira Hayes" <redmanospam@xxxhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:NfFAd.1697$JC2.288@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> <admin@motocrosstracks.net> wrote in message
> news:1104348567.548596.149410@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> Chances are I am going to buy my way out of my Suncom contract since I
>> hate them so much. I am wanting to go with Verizon but have no idea
>> what phone to choose considering I have never used any brand other than
>> Nokia and Motorola.
>>
>> Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
>> currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
>> recommend, please let me know.
>>
>> 1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
>> 2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>> 3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>>
>> Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
>> almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
>> than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
>> how CDMA phones compare.
>>
>> Second most important feature is size and weight. Smaller and lighter
>> is better.
>>
>> The only must have features is 2nd display, calendar with alarm and a
>> calculator.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Erica
>>
>
> The Feb 05 issue of Consumer Reports top rates the LG 7000 followed by the
> Kyo SE47, LG 3200, Sam SCH-a650 and a670 and Moto V710. They don't address
> features like 2nd display, etc. so you'd need to check that out at the
> store.
>
> Ike
>
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 8:32:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

>
> Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
> currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
> recommend, please let me know.
>
> 1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
> 2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
> 3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>
> Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
> almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
> than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
> how CDMA phones compare.

How about trimode phones? Any opinions about the best current trimode
phone?
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 10:18:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

admin@motocrosstracks.net wrote:
> Chances are I am going to buy my way out of my Suncom contract since
I
> hate them so much. I am wanting to go with Verizon but have no idea
> what phone to choose considering I have never used any brand other
than
> Nokia and Motorola.
>
> Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
> currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
> recommend, please let me know.
>
> 1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
> 2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
> 3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>
> Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
> almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
> than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
> how CDMA phones compare.
>
> Second most important feature is size and weight. Smaller and lighter
> is better.
>
> The only must have features is 2nd display, calendar with alarm and a
> calculator.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Erica

I recommend the LG VX4600. I've been using it for over a month and I
am very pleased with it. Strong reception, sturdy construction,
excellent screen, loud audio, good battery, nice size and very
attractive appearance. The only negative is that it lacks analog which
for me is not an issue because I only use the phone in digital areas.
I have my old LG VX4400 with analog band that I can switch to if I
should ever need analog.

The LG VX4600 is excellent value at the current pricing. If you don't
need a camera or analog service, I would go for it.

Ed
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 11:58:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I do want a Family SharePlan and will have two lines so I will need two
phones. Because of our current financial situation and having to buyout
of our Suncom contract (at $200 per line), we would like to stay under
$60 for two phones. I only really care about reception and
quality/durability not features.

I go to phonescoop.com every single day and that is why I already
narrowed my choices down to three; I'm leaning towards the LG VX-4600
or LX VX-4500 followed by the Audiovox CDM8910. I'm going strictly
based ratings and reviews but would like opinions from Verizon
customers that are currently using any of these three phones or another
one (currently offered by Verizon) that they would recommend and just
let me know how the reception and quality compare to other
phones/models they have used.

Thanks in advance.
Erica
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 2:13:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Erica wrote:
> I do want a Family SharePlan and will have two lines so I will need
> two phones. Because of our current financial situation and having to
> buyout of our Suncom contract (at $200 per line), we would like to
> stay under $60 for two phones. I only really care about reception and
> quality/durability not features.
>
> I go to phonescoop.com every single day and that is why I already
> narrowed my choices down to three; I'm leaning towards the LG VX-4600
> or LX VX-4500 followed by the Audiovox CDM8910. I'm going strictly
> based ratings and reviews but would like opinions from Verizon
> customers that are currently using any of these three phones or
> another one (currently offered by Verizon) that they would recommend
> and just let me know how the reception and quality compare to other
> phones/models they have used.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Erica

Cool.. Out of curiosity, what area of the country do you live in? (I'm out
west in an analog area and need a tri-mode, but my sister is in the
Baltimore/DC area and she is fine with all digital).
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 4:14:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area in SC. It's all digital.
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 5:30:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Erica wrote:
> I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area in SC. It's all digital.

As it turns out they are all digital anyway (didn't look at the specs until
you said what you wanted, sorry).... However, if it helps any, I live in an
RV and was in Columbia SC while I went to USC) and used an LG-4400 at the
time, (it worked great).. I still have the 4400 (tri-mode, I need analog
outside ((not in)) Vegas now), but my sister had looked at, and actually now
has both the LG-4600 AND the LG-4500 (shared lines, one has a speakerphone
and one doesn't, one for her one for her daughter). Both work great, and
they love the voice dialing (but the 4500 does voice digit dialing also ((ie
say the numbers to dial)). Turns out the weight difference is minor, but the
4500 is a tad heavier. Don't know your age, but her mom/my sister is bit
older and can't push the buttons so well and loves the voice dial and
speakerphone (of the 4500), while my neice loves the lighter weight, and the
cool EL look of the 4600. She made a deal with the CS, and instead of
getting two 4500's or two 4600's (second free) she bought a 4500 and got a
4600 free. Do you need/want the camera part of the audiovox? Sound wasn't
quite as good, and it was heavier/less battery life/sound was not quite so
good ((and it costs a lot to xfer pictures)), but maybe if you flirt with
the salesperson, you could get all three? :)  <--- That's a smiley, I was
jokin!
Anonymous
December 30, 2004 6:58:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

zwerl1@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
>> currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
>> recommend, please let me know.
>>
>> 1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
>> 2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>> 3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
>>
>> Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
>> almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
>> than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
>> how CDMA phones compare.
>
> How about trimode phones? Any opinions about the best current trimode
> phone?

Very happy with the Audiovox CDM9900. Have had it for a month now. I had
to have a tri-mode because I'm often in and out of fringe coverage areas in
southern CA mountains and deserts where digital disappears.
--

- Philip
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 10:27:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

"zwerl1@yahoo.com" wrote:
>
> >
> > Here are the 3 I am considering, if there is any others that Verizon
> > currently offers for less than $60 (for two phones) that anyone would
> > recommend, please let me know.
> >
> > 1.) LG VX-4600 - $9.99 each.
> > 2.) LG VX-4500 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
> > 3.) Audiovox CDM8910 - $29.99 with buy 1 get up to 3 free.
> >
> > Most important feature is reception. I want a phone that will work
> > almost everywhere! With GSM, my brother's Nokia does a far better job
> > than my Motorola V600 so I know different brands vary. I do not know
> > how CDMA phones compare.
>
> How about trimode phones? Any opinions about the best current trimode
> phone?

Very happy with Motorola V265. Lady has Nokia 6015.
Both work at our house which is in a very weak area for vzw.

LB
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 7:48:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On 30 Dec 2004 13:14:21 -0800, "Erica" <admin@motocrosstracks.net>
wrote:

>I live in the Greenville/Spartanburg area in SC. It's all digital.

I'm in Fountain Inn, and while the GSP market is all digital, I have
found my Kyo-3035 on AMPS once in a while, especially along SC 11 in
northern Greenville and Spartanburg counties.

BTW, your computer's time zone appears incorrect. Damn Micro$oft
thinks the world revolves around Redmon, WA.
!