User Privlidges?

Hello. I just created a new user account (limited) for my 10 year old
Grandson. When I opened his user account I found an Icon in the System Tray
that allows him to remove hardware (in this case my USB External 750MB ZIP
Drive). I was unable to disable this in his account. I don't want him to be
able to remove the ZIP Drive. Is there a way to disable this ability in his
User Account? Thanks in advance, Jim.

No, and nor can there be.

What that function does is flushes IO buffers so that when removable media
is removed from the machine the media is in a constant state.

The only way to prevent some one from removing a zip cartridge from a zip
drive when they're sitting at the machine is to remove the cartridge
yourself before they get to the keyboard.

--
Walter Clayton

"Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I just created a new user account (limited) for my 10 year old
> Grandson. When I opened his user account I found an Icon in the System
> Tray that allows him to remove hardware (in this case my USB External
> 750MB ZIP Drive). I was unable to disable this in his account. I don't
> want him to be able to remove the ZIP Drive. Is there a way to disable
> this ability in his User Account? Thanks in advance, Jim.

Thanks Walter, but I am still a bit confused as I have two other Limited
User Accounts on the PC, the same ZIP Disk is left in the ZIP Drive for them
also, but neither of these other two user accounts show that Icon in the
System Tray. I did not do anything special when I created my Grandson's User
Account that I am aware of so why does his account show that Icon and the
other two Limited User Accounts do not show that Icon? That ZIP Drive
contains my backup disk and I leave it in the drive all the time as I
automatically backup the Outlook folders (.pst file) to that disk on a
regular basis. Thanks in advance. Jim.

"Walter Clayton" <w-claytonNO@SPmvpsAM.org> wrote in message
> No, and nor can there be.
>
> What that function does is flushes IO buffers so that when removable media
> is removed from the machine the media is in a constant state.
>
> The only way to prevent some one from removing a zip cartridge from a zip
> drive when they're sitting at the machine is to remove the cartridge
> yourself before they get to the keyboard.
>
> --
> Walter Clayton
> Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
>

> "Jim Richards" <JWRichards@satx.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hello. I just created a new user account (limited) for my 10 year old
>> Grandson. When I opened his user account I found an Icon in the System
>> Tray that allows him to remove hardware (in this case my USB External
>> 750MB ZIP Drive). I was unable to disable this in his account. I don't
>> want him to be able to remove the ZIP Drive. Is there a way to disable
>> this ability in his User Account? Thanks in advance, Jim.

Did you create the other two profiles before or after adding the zip drive?