Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Microsoft sidewinder x6

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 13, 2011 3:15:23 AM

HI,

I am thinking of buying a back-lit keyboard mostly for gaming and typing. I have my eyes set on Microsoft Sidewinder X6 and a special edition from Logitech G110.
And Razer is somewhat costly as i like it's Black edition keyboard, but out of my budget..:) 

I need good and soft keys, not too much soundy..:p 

Which is more good and more comfortable to work with

Any other suggestion.

Budget round about 50$.

Need guidance.

Thanks

More about : microsoft sidewinder

December 13, 2011 3:20:58 AM

I need a keyboard which has backlight and looks cool to use, and multimedia keys.
I think it only come as a gaming keyboard name..:p ..
I don't need any macro keys, if any other keyboard which has these feature, please let me know..:D 
Score
0
December 13, 2011 4:30:00 AM

rockxdude said:
I need a keyboard which has backlight and looks cool to use, and multimedia keys.
I think it only come as a gaming keyboard name..:p ..
I don't need any macro keys, if any other keyboard which has these feature, please let me know..:D 


If you don't need macro keys, then I suggest going down to your local computer store, like Fry's, and test out the keyboards. The feel of the keys, and the presence of backlighting is that matters. For macroing, I like the G110.
Score
0
Related resources
December 13, 2011 7:44:51 AM

bystander said:
If you don't need macro keys, then I suggest going down to your local computer store, like Fry's, and test out the keyboards. The feel of the keys, and the presence of backlighting is that matters. For macroing, I like the G110.



How is the keys in G110.?

Acyually, i can't go to the market, i need to order it online..:( 
Score
0

Best solution

December 13, 2011 2:05:38 PM

I just bought a Sidewinder X6 and I really like it. The only thing that's kind of odd is that there are dials for backlight and volume. I get the volume one, but backlight?

Anyway, pretty minor complaint. It has a lot of macros you can use which is good. The keys feel really good, they're fairly soft, smooth, and don't need to be pushed a long distance to engage. At the same time they aren't so easy to push that you start accidentally engaging keys.

I picked up a CM Sentinel Z3RO-G mouse to go with it, and it's also superb. For value, those are a killer combination.
Share
December 13, 2011 2:32:09 PM

wolfram23 said:
I just bought a Sidewinder X6 and I really like it. The only thing that's kind of odd is that there are dials for backlight and volume. I get the volume one, but backlight?

Anyway, pretty minor complaint. It has a lot of macros you can use which is good. The keys feel really good, they're fairly soft, smooth, and don't need to be pushed a long distance to engage. At the same time they aren't so easy to push that you start accidentally engaging keys.

I picked up a CM Sentinel Z3RO-G mouse to go with it, and it's also superb. For value, those are a killer combination.


oh, u got x6...:) ...nice...

Can you tell me the keys height..
Like it is kind of laptop keys, i.e. slim one or the old keyboard's like huge one..;)..
I hope you get it, what i want to say.

Yes, i am also confused why they put the second dial for the backlight, they can put it for fast forward and backward, like a D.J.... :p 

Anyway, i have MX518...
And looking for keyboard!!
Score
0
December 13, 2011 2:44:00 PM

They keys are more like a laptop, pretty slim. I'd say they're roughly half the height of a "standard" keyboard.
Score
0
December 13, 2011 2:51:50 PM

wolfram23 said:
They keys are more like a laptop, pretty slim. I'd say they're roughly half the height of a "standard" keyboard.



ok, good...
might getting that one soon....

Any idea of the keys of G110. Same as x6 or like standard keyboard.
Score
0
December 13, 2011 3:07:57 PM

rockxdude said:
ok, good...
might getting that one soon....

Any idea of the keys of G110. Same as x6 or like standard keyboard.


The G110 has fairly large keys, although you still don't have to press them far down or anything, they are just shaped like they used to in the past. The keys feel nice, as they should, I tested several different keyboards when I chose this. The G110 can have the backlighting set to blue or red, or colors in between blue and red (no green).

I personally like the software that comes with it for its macroing and Lua scripting abilities, but since you don't want those abilities, I might suggest getting the x6 due to one possible problem. Some systems have difficulties with the G110 due to the hub on it. x58 systems in particular have been very hit and miss by what I've seen on the logitech boards.
Score
0
December 13, 2011 3:23:08 PM

bystander said:
The G110 has fairly large keys, although you still don't have to press them far down or anything, they are just shaped like they used to in the past. The keys feel nice, as they should, I tested several different keyboards when I chose this. The G110 can have the backlighting set to blue or red, or colors in between blue and red (no green).

I personally like the software that comes with it for its macroing and Lua scripting abilities, but since you don't want those abilities, I might suggest getting the x6 due to one possible problem. Some systems have difficulties with the G110 due to the hub on it. x58 systems in particular have been very hit and miss by what I've seen on the logitech boards.



ok, nice...
in between i am on AMD and x64 bit OS...

But i need slim keys, so i think x6 will be best..:) 
Score
0
December 23, 2011 2:11:02 AM

Best answer selected by rockxdude.
Score
0
!