Microsoft sidewinder x6

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
HI,

I am thinking of buying a back-lit keyboard mostly for gaming and typing. I have my eyes set on Microsoft Sidewinder X6 and a special edition from Logitech G110.
And Razer is somewhat costly as i like it's Black edition keyboard, but out of my budget..:)

I need good and soft keys, not too much soundy..:p

Which is more good and more comfortable to work with

Any other suggestion.

Budget round about 50$.

Need guidance.

Thanks

Solution
I just bought a Sidewinder X6 and I really like it. The only thing that's kind of odd is that there are dials for backlight and volume. I get the volume one, but backlight?

Anyway, pretty minor complaint. It has a lot of macros you can use which is good. The keys feel really good, they're fairly soft, smooth, and don't need to be pushed a long distance to engage. At the same time they aren't so easy to push that you start accidentally engaging keys.

I picked up a CM Sentinel Z3RO-G mouse to go with it, and it's also superb. For value, those are a killer combination.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I need a keyboard which has backlight and looks cool to use, and multimedia keys.
I think it only come as a gaming keyboard name..:p..
I don't need any macro keys, if any other keyboard which has these feature, please let me know..:D

If you don't need macro keys, then I suggest going down to your local computer store, like Fry's, and test out the keyboards. The feel of the keys, and the presence of backlighting is that matters. For macroing, I like the G110.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

How is the keys in G110.?

Acyually, i can't go to the market, i need to order it online..:(

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Currently x4 and x6 are of same price, so why don't i go for x6?

I just bought a Sidewinder X6 and I really like it. The only thing that's kind of odd is that there are dials for backlight and volume. I get the volume one, but backlight?

Anyway, pretty minor complaint. It has a lot of macros you can use which is good. The keys feel really good, they're fairly soft, smooth, and don't need to be pushed a long distance to engage. At the same time they aren't so easy to push that you start accidentally engaging keys.

I picked up a CM Sentinel Z3RO-G mouse to go with it, and it's also superb. For value, those are a killer combination.

Solution

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

oh, u got x6...:)...nice...

Can you tell me the keys height..
Like it is kind of laptop keys, i.e. slim one or the old keyboard's like huge one..;)..
I hope you get it, what i want to say.

Yes, i am also confused why they put the second dial for the backlight, they can put it for fast forward and backward, like a D.J.... :p

Anyway, i have MX518...
And looking for keyboard!!

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

ok, good...
might getting that one soon....

Any idea of the keys of G110. Same as x6 or like standard keyboard.

The G110 has fairly large keys, although you still don't have to press them far down or anything, they are just shaped like they used to in the past. The keys feel nice, as they should, I tested several different keyboards when I chose this. The G110 can have the backlighting set to blue or red, or colors in between blue and red (no green).

I personally like the software that comes with it for its macroing and Lua scripting abilities, but since you don't want those abilities, I might suggest getting the x6 due to one possible problem. Some systems have difficulties with the G110 due to the hub on it. x58 systems in particular have been very hit and miss by what I've seen on the logitech boards.

rockxdude

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

ok, nice...
in between i am on AMD and x64 bit OS...

But i need slim keys, so i think x6 will be best..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.