Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield 3 randomly closing? wtf

Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2011 3:40:12 AM

Battlefield 3 was updated a few days ago and ever since then my game will just randomly close. No message in battlelog no error message nothing. Ive tried everything. Ive updated drivers i even downgraded drivers to see if it made a difference. Made myself admin for the game,reinstalled the game,reinstalled origin, repaired the game, checked for updates updated pb, disabled universal plug and play, everything, you get the idea. So wtf? anyone having the same problem or can offer any fixes that'd be awesome
December 13, 2011 3:40:51 AM

oh ive also put in 40 hours without problem so i know its not my pc or anything
m
l
December 13, 2011 12:14:05 PM

I get the same problem. For me, I'll play and then the screen freezes for maybe 1-2 seconds, then I see my mouse pointer, then (sometimes) i'll get the windows error message giving me the chance to Wait-close the program because it isn't responding).

Is that what you have? I wrote on EA's forum but I didn't even get 1 view/reply.
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2011 3:58:30 PM

mm well i have had some random crashes but nothing like this. Basically the game will start it'll run perfectly fine for like 10 minutes then just randomly exits. Sometimes battlelog will have a message like "lost connection to ea online" or "your connection timed out." Other times it wont have a message at all it just closes with no error or anything. It started happening since the latest patch. It has been fine with a few crashes here and there but not how it is now here it always crashes. Ive tried everything and nothing works. Idk what to do but its pissing me off cuz i put in over 40 hours without major issue until right now. I emailed tech support so we'll see what happens and i posted on there facebook and the only reply was "contact tech support" whatever they never help generally.
m
l
December 13, 2011 4:18:58 PM

afaik, EA's latest 3.6gb patch f*ed it up
m
l
December 13, 2011 4:23:48 PM

yup, im so sick of having issues with this game. It was annoying enough before when you had the random crash here and there. It is now completely consistant with crashing and its ridiculous. There are posts all over the internet about this s**t
m
l
December 13, 2011 5:44:43 PM

The Frostbyte is beautiful but is a little too buggy for me at the moment. I would play MW3 but I'm already over it.....

Maybe I could try Skyrim in the meantime...Wooooo!
m
l
December 14, 2011 3:54:37 AM

go for skyrim. Skyrim is awesome tho i suggest not upgrading your smithing because it kinda ruins it lol i have to start a new character. Any quest reward i get is nowhere near as good as anything i can make
m
l
December 14, 2011 12:22:26 PM

you mean anything you can upgrade. if you're not power leveling smithing you will find a lot of the gear in dungeons before you're able to make it. But the best part of smithing is ability to upgrade that equipment
m
l
!