NO IE Connection at all

I have an XP that had A LOT of spyware loaded on it (2,418) that Adaware
detected. Spybot found about 50 after that. I am unable to connect to the
internet thru IE, but thru AOL's interface I can. I installed Maxthon to see
if I would be able to use another browser but it's giving me the same results
as IE. They don't give an error message, they just stay blank and never
complete the connection. It's updated with McAfee and has been scanned. I've
eliminated some of the things that I figured would not do any good that
HijackThis found.

Is this something that has a simple solution to or am I in for some serious
TrOuBlEsHoOtInG??!! ANY help would be MuCh ApPrEcIaTeD!! THANX N ADVANCE.
The Rookie/Wayne B.

MrCmosDriver <MrCmosDriver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an XP that had A LOT of spyware loaded on it (2,418) that Adaware
>detected. Spybot found about 50 after that. I am unable to connect to the
>internet thru IE, but thru AOL's interface I can. I installed Maxthon to see
>if I would be able to use another browser but it's giving me the same results
>as IE. They don't give an error message, they just stay blank and never
>complete the connection. It's updated with McAfee and has been scanned. I've
>eliminated some of the things that I figured would not do any good that
>HijackThis found.

For help with the IE, post to
Also see "How to Troubleshoot Possible Causes of Internet Connection
Problems" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314095).

--
(tm)