size of the virtual memory paging file?

can someone please tell me what this should be set at? i keep getting the pop
up error reporting...
Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a new
paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size (MB)
box, and then click Set. i did set it to 980 and still a problem.also i find
this in Msconfig dumprep 0-u at least its not freezing when i first open a
web page or window when i first sign on...also what should be the setting for
temporary folders in internet properties? i have it set to 1526MG is that
okay?
--
thank you for your help:-)
3 answers Last reply

    Set it to let Windows manage

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Cj" <Cj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can someone please tell me what this should be set at? i keep getting the
    > pop
    > up error reporting...
    > Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a
    > new
    > paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size
    > (MB)
    > box, and then click Set. i did set it to 980 and still a problem.also i
    > find
    > this in Msconfig dumprep 0-u at least its not freezing when i first open a
    > web page or window when i first sign on...also what should be the setting
    > for
    > temporary folders in internet properties? i have it set to 1526MG is that
    > okay?
    > --
    > thank you for your help:-)

    You should use the 'system managed size'. It works.

    Modem Ani

    "Cj" <Cj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can someone please tell me what this should be set at? i keep getting the
    pop
    > up error reporting...
    > Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a
    new
    > paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size
    (MB)
    > box, and then click Set. i did set it to 980 and still a problem.also i
    find
    > this in Msconfig dumprep 0-u at least its not freezing when i first open a
    > web page or window when i first sign on...also what should be the setting
    for
    > temporary folders in internet properties? i have it set to 1526MG is that
    > okay?
    > --
    > thank you for your help:-)

    Hi

    Please try the following article by Alex Nichol:

    "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Cj" <Cj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > can someone please tell me what this should be set at? i keep getting the
    > pop
    > up error reporting...
    > Under Paging file size for selected drive, click Custom size, and type a
    > new
    > paging file size in megabytes in the Initial size (MB) or Maximum size
    > (MB)
    > box, and then click Set. i did set it to 980 and still a problem.also i
    > find
    > this in Msconfig dumprep 0-u at least its not freezing when i first open a
    > web page or window when i first sign on...also what should be the setting
    > for
    > temporary folders in internet properties? i have it set to 1526MG is that
    > okay?
    > --
    > thank you for your help:-)

Virtual Memory File Size Windows XP