My XP Home Edition computer with SP 2 does not have SCF

I got notified that I had gotten a trojan virus by anti-virus program.
I ran anti-virus and it removed it, but it showed that my
c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll was changed.

I read up on some posts and discovered that I should be able to run scf to
fix this problem.

I don't seem to have scf.exe on my harddrive as when I run it from RUN, it
says file can not be found.

Is there a way to get scf by downloading it or do I have to use Windows XP CD?

Thanks for your replies,
PESMAN
1 answer Last reply
More about home edition computer

    The command is

    sfc /scannow

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "PESMAN" <PESMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I got notified that I had gotten a trojan virus by anti-virus program.
    > I ran anti-virus and it removed it, but it showed that my
    > c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll was changed.
    >
    > I read up on some posts and discovered that I should be able to run scf to
    > fix this problem.
    >
    > I don't seem to have scf.exe on my harddrive as when I run it from RUN, it
    > says file can not be found.
    >
    > Is there a way to get scf by downloading it or do I have to use Windows XP
    > CD?
    >
    > Thanks for your replies,
    > PESMAN

Windows XP