What Motherboard 4 AMD XP?

G

Can anyone help me? I am planning to build my very first PC! What I want to build is a dual amd xp 1700+ system but not sure what motherboard to use.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
There is one thing you should know, AMD does not endorse dual systems that using Athlon <b><font color=red>XP</b></font color=red>. You could end up building 1 that is not working.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey C,
What do you want to do with this system? Why do you need 2 CPU's? The Athlon XP is for single cpu/mobo apps, and the Athlon MP is for "Multiple" cpu/mobo apps. Still why do you need 2 cpus? Or what do you mean by "dual amd xp 1700+"? My advice, do more online reseach without asking any chat/board posts- read articles on chipsets and mobos and narrow it down until you can tell who is giving you BS and who is full of it, then come back and ask a better question and explain what you are going to use your system for. I'm not trying to be harsh, but why would you take just anyone's advice without knowing their background? Your first system is most likely going to have a lot of simple mistakes made by you and the software. Try to limit the hareware problems by having someone who knows his s**t help you, and not asking a online community what they think is the problem is, when we only know what you tell us and not is really the whole truth. Your second computer will be so easy! Good luck!
Peace out...........tile

WHAT????? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE ROAR OF MY CASE FANS! YOU'LL HAVE TO SCREAM!

PCHardstuff

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2001
I would look into the Tyan board. I've read and heard good things about it. I'm not talking from experience, just what I've heard. You'll definitely want the Athlon MP, not XP. And research your apps, dual proc's won't give a lot of perfomarance gains in most applications (or least as much as you might expect). And alot of them won't support it at all.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Asus A7M266-D is coming, based on the AMD 760MPX chipset and many more features!

girish

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>