Follow-up: RFQ Moto v710

Someone

I would like to thank all of you who answered my request for comments on
the Motorola V710 phones.

I took all of your comments to heart and called a good friend of mine
that works for Motorola's Cellular Division. He had some other really
interesting things to say, which I was told not to put here.

I can say that there is a certain mentality there that says the company
is shifting their focus' now away from GSM and more in the direction of
CDMA (evidenced by several large acquisitions they quietly made
recently). The V series, and the 710 in particular are destined to be
one of their flagship phones in the plan. It is reported to be easily
upgradeable (internal features), and subsequent firmware upgrades that
are coming in 2005 will really impress all previous Motorola customers.

It makes sense to me after looking and comparing the entire CDMA line up
that is currently being offered. As to whether Verizon will support
this movement remains to be seen. Sprint and Nextel merger is playing a
lot on their future with CDMA/iDEN.

I wish I could let more out of the bag, but I said enough for you to
fill in the blanks. Needless to say, I'm 3 weeks from ordering my "New
Every 2" v710!

Thanks to everyone - again!

Happy Holidays

Too bad the phone is a piece of junk. After TRYING to deal with it for over
a month, I finally decided I had had enough of motorola. Poorly designed
keyboard, poor battery life, and severely cannibalized Bluetooth functions
(by Verizon, not Motorola). I went with something more user friendly, much
better quality and better features as a bonus.