no access to router setup page after SP2 (XP2 installation)

February 18, 2005 7:27:03 PM

Since I installed SP2 for XP home edition, can't access anymore with that PC
the setup page of my router (sitecom WL521)
Tried alread or verified quite some things:
-switch off XP firewall, no other firewall installed (anymore)
-access from other PCs (e.g. w98 or W2000) without problems
-internet access is still running (only access to local router set up page
is nok: nothing comes, no logon page,..;
-when resettign XP to restore point before SP2, then access is ok.
-router reset does not change anything

thanks in advance for any help
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 7:01:02 AM

The IP adress has changed try 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.0.1 these are
the common addresses assigned by winxp

!