Tyan Tiger MP +Crucial

G

I have a little problem that I hope one of you could help me with.

I have recently put together a box based on the Tiger MP.

I am in a bit of a bind however as I keep getting Memory Parity Errors. Now I know that parity errors can be caused by either the mobo, the memory, or a dirty power supply.

Here is what I have in the machine so far:

Tiger MP running on winXP Pro
2x 1.0GHz Durons + cooling
Enermax 350 watt power supply
256MB Crucial Registered ECC PC 2100 DDR (I have two sticks but the mobo only recognizes 256)
Asus GeForce3 Ti200 (latest detonator XP drivers)
Creative SB Audigy Plaqtinum (latest XP drivers and software)

Now when I go to the Crucial site, they say their memory is compatible with the Tiger. But when I go to the Tyan website, no mention of Crucial or Micron is made.

Can anyone help with what could be wrong.

It seems that I can get into XP. But it doesn't take long before I get a parity error.

Any suggestions???

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You will have much better luck with this board by posting over at amdzone as you will find quite a few more users that use that board. Try with one stick only, if no problems then swap sticks. If both sticks work by themselves it sounds like you have a board with a bad dimm socket. The Tyan has 4 dimm sockets I believe have you tried different combinations of sockets?

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!

G

Actually, I think I may have found the real culprit. The detonator drivers seem to have been giving a lot of people some grief.

Rolling back to winXP 21.83 drivers seem to fix the problem for a lot of people.

P.S. I will also try another type of memory on one stick. Thanks for your replies.