Audiovox CDM-9500 keeps hanging up

Last response: in Network Providers
December 30, 2004 2:35:02 AM

Recently my Audiovox CDM-9500 started hanging up in the middle of calls. The
battery indicator is not showing low, I even tried a new battery. Could this
be something on Verizon's end, or maybe some setting in the phone that got
inadvertently changed? I'm in mid-contract, so it would be expensive to get
a new phone now.

--
Bob D.
Anonymous

You got me. I have few 9500s and never had this problem. My best guess
is bad battery contacts.
Are you using OEM original batteries or some after market stuff? This
might be a problem.

Batery contacts can be cleaned with an eraser or slightly pried
out...but if the contacts failed your phone would hang up and go dead
for a bit.

CDMangels.com has a forum with lots of 9500 info, but I've never read
anything like this.

The 9500 has excellent reception WITH the antenna up. The antenna down
during calling could put you quickly over the edge, if the calls happen
to be intitiated in a fringe area.

I sure hope it's not some internal wiring loose, cause I've never
figured out how to open one of these up.

If worse comes to worse, you still have a one year manufacturer
warranty:)

-
David
Anonymous
December 31, 2004 4:02:53 AM

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 23:35:02 GMT, Bob D. wrote:

> Recently my Audiovox CDM-9500 started hanging up in the middle of calls. The
> battery indicator is not showing low, I even tried a new battery. Could this
> be something on Verizon's end, or maybe some setting in the phone that got
> inadvertently changed? I'm in mid-contract, so it would be expensive to get
> a new phone now.

Did you try a *228 option 1?