Sign in with
Your question

Star wars knights of the old republic crash fix

Last response: in Video Games
December 14, 2011 5:03:01 AM

Ok so iv been playing Star Wars KOTOR and iv been playing it on the lowest settings and its been crashing iv made it to were you find the second star map and when i go to leave it plays part of the cut scene and then crashes every single time.. Im almost 100% sure that my video card is to new to play this game can anyone help me???
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 10:21:41 AM

Listing your computer specs would be helpful.
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 2:51:27 PM

is this a legit version of kotor? no mods?
Related resources
December 14, 2011 3:30:17 PM

Well I have a work colleague that finished KOTOR and KOTOR II on radeon 9200 :) ) which is pretty damn old if u ask me, so if u succeeded installing the game and played until that mission it must be some other problem.
a b U Graphics card
December 14, 2011 4:33:08 PM

yeah as far as requirements, the game was pretty good during it's time, but nothing cutting edge
December 14, 2011 7:44:37 PM

Iv never had a comp that would run the game.... And this game is the real deal no mod and as far as the comp goes its custom made and i got it off a friend and he just moved to texas so im not to sure about the specs i know i put Windows XP on the comp cause Windows 7 would NOT play the game at all for me... The game is upto date. Like i said before it was crashing alot but it crashes every single time i got to leave this cave..
December 14, 2011 7:56:14 PM

click on Start-->Right click on My Computer-->Select Properties
This will tell you the CPU Type and Speed and the Memory (give us this information)

Right Click on My Computer again and select Manage, Click on Device Manager, Expand Display Adapters, this will tell us your video card.

With this information we can give you more information
December 15, 2011 3:40:49 AM

Processor: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core 2.50 GHz
Ram: 4.00GB
System Type: 64 Bit
Video Catd: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
December 15, 2011 11:08:46 AM

LOL, with those specs u should pwn this game like np, it's definitely some software issue.
December 15, 2011 5:24:42 PM

See thats what i thought to first i thought it was windows 7 so i put XP on my comp worked up till the mission im on now the game is up to date so idk whats wrong with it..
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
August 7, 2012 11:43:34 AM

Open the swkotor.ini using notepad and add this line under Game Options (without the quotation marks): "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1". It's a good idea to make a copy of the file before you modify it so you can restore it if something goes wrong. Hope it works for you, because that's a great game.
!