new harddrive

I am buying a maxtor 200 gig internal harddrive to replca my son's too small
old 30 gig. I know and read somewhere that you can transfer all data to the
new drive. I am lokking for any information before I dive in. Any suggestions
are welcome Thanx

JOE V. wrote:
> I am buying a maxtor 200 gig internal harddrive to replca my son's
> too small old 30 gig. I know and read somewhere that you can transfer
> all data to the new drive. I am lokking for any information before I
> dive in. Any suggestions are welcome Thanx

Retail Hard Drive (in a box, kit and all) - it comes with software to do
this for you.
If not - look on the hard drive manufacturers web page for the same
software.

--
<- Shenan ->

bar

You can buy an OEM Maxtor disk and still obtain the MAXBLAST3 software:

http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/Maxtor/menuitem.3c67e325e0a6b1f6294198b091346068/?channelpath=/en_us/Support/Software%20Downloads/ATA%20Hard%20Drives&downloadID=57

This will allow you to install, partition, format etc the new drive and
clone your existing System Drive.

After the clone is completed, it will be necessary to reconfigure the
Hardware such that the Maxtor Disk becomes the Primary Master Disk on the
First IDE Interface.

You may also need to perform a REPAIR installation of XP because of the
hardware changes.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> JOE V. wrote:
> > I am buying a maxtor 200 gig internal harddrive to replca my son's
> > too small old 30 gig. I know and read somewhere that you can transfer
> > all data to the new drive. I am lokking for any information before I
> > dive in. Any suggestions are welcome Thanx
>
> Retail Hard Drive (in a box, kit and all) - it comes with software to do
> this for you.
> If not - look on the hard drive manufacturers web page for the same
> software.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

thanx for the help

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> JOE V. wrote:
> > I am buying a maxtor 200 gig internal harddrive to replca my son's
> > too small old 30 gig. I know and read somewhere that you can transfer
> > all data to the new drive. I am lokking for any information before I
> > dive in. Any suggestions are welcome Thanx
>
> Retail Hard Drive (in a box, kit and all) - it comes with software to do
> this for you.
> If not - look on the hard drive manufacturers web page for the same
> software.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

thanx for the help

"BAR" wrote:

> You can buy an OEM Maxtor disk and still obtain the MAXBLAST3 software:
>
> http://www.maxtor.com/portal/site/Maxtor/menuitem.3c67e325e0a6b1f6294198b091346068/?channelpath=/en_us/Support/Software%20Downloads/ATA%20Hard%20Drives&downloadID=57
>
> This will allow you to install, partition, format etc the new drive and
> clone your existing System Drive.
>
> After the clone is completed, it will be necessary to reconfigure the
> Hardware such that the Maxtor Disk becomes the Primary Master Disk on the
> First IDE Interface.
>
> You may also need to perform a REPAIR installation of XP because of the
> hardware changes.
>

> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
> > JOE V. wrote:
> > > I am buying a maxtor 200 gig internal harddrive to replca my son's
> > > too small old 30 gig. I know and read somewhere that you can transfer
> > > all data to the new drive. I am lokking for any information before I
> > > dive in. Any suggestions are welcome Thanx
> >
> > Retail Hard Drive (in a box, kit and all) - it comes with software to do
> > this for you.
> > If not - look on the hard drive manufacturers web page for the same
> > software.
> >
> > --
> > <- Shenan ->
> > --
> > The information is provided "as is", it is suggested you research for
> > yourself before you take any advice - you are the one ultimately
> > responsible for your actions/problems/solutions. Know what you are
> > getting into before you jump in with both feet.

All maxtor drive come with a utility program that you can use to transfer the
Data from the origianal drive to the new one. Install the program and follow
the directions. Has alsways worked well for me.