uninstalling programs

When ever I try to uninstall my kazaa it installs it all over again. I have
tried to run norton to see if there are any viruses and there is none. maybe
the file is missing. how can I uninstall something when the uninstaller file
is missing?

Lisa wrote:

>When ever I try to uninstall my kazaa it installs it all over again. I have
>tried to run norton to see if there are any viruses and there is none. maybe
>the file is missing. how can I uninstall something when the uninstaller file
>is missing?

This is by design. Kazaa is crudware. Use Ad Aware SE instead
(www.lavasoft.com) and also an antispyware program such as the
Microsoft Antispyware beta program
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en).

Ken

KazaaBegone 1.10

[[A Kazaa uninstaller which scans and removes all elements of all Kazaa
versions, as well as all of the bundled software that comes with it.
Warning: This version has a bug that can cause your Internet connection to
be broken when removing New.Net, WebHancer or CommonName. An update is being
worked on. If you still want to use KazaaBegone, download LSPFix to fix your
Internet connection (download it before you run KazaaBegone, of course).]]
Currently at version: 1.10

KazaaBegone 1.10 (Direct download)
http://computercops.biz/zx/Merijn/kazaabegone.zip

LSP-Fix
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:2518EC39-C0D6-4F99-8805-4E74482527FB@microsoft.com,
Lisa <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> When ever I try to uninstall my kazaa it installs it all over again.
> I have tried to run norton to see if there are any viruses and there
> is none. maybe the file is missing. how can I uninstall something
> when the uninstaller file is missing?

Ken

Isn't it a bit early to be recommending Microsoft Antispyware. It's a
beta! Have you tried it? It's full of bugs!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry Cornell wrote:

>Isn't it a bit early to be recommending Microsoft Antispyware. It's a
>beta! Have you tried it? It's full of bugs!

I know how to use beta software. Besides, I have been running it for
about six weeks without a hitch. The Microsoft program is a beta only
in the sense that Microsoft made a few changes to the software since
acquiring it from GIANT. I was also running SP2 for months when it
was still in beta form, again without any problems to speak of.

Ken

Giving KaZaA's Spyware A Root Canal...

http://www.gibboncore.demon.co.uk/kazaaspyware/kazaaspywarehell.htm

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When ever I try to uninstall my kazaa it installs it all over again.
> I have
> tried to run norton to see if there are any viruses and there is none.
> maybe
> the file is missing. how can I uninstall something when the
> uninstaller file
> is missing?

Gerry,
I have been using the Beta since it came out. It found 19 spyware that
three other programs never located. Also the updates are automatic and
so far free.
TonySper

"Gerry Cornell" <gcjc@tenretnitb.com> wrote in message
Ken

Isn't it a bit early to be recommending Microsoft Antispyware. It's a
beta! Have you tried it? It's full of bugs!

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ken Gardner" <kesgardner@charter.net> wrote in message
> Lisa wrote:
>
>>When ever I try to uninstall my kazaa it installs it all over again.
>>I have
>>tried to run norton to see if there are any viruses and there is
>>none.
>>maybe
>>the file is missing. how can I uninstall something when the
>>uninstaller file
>>is missing?
>
> This is by design. Kazaa is crudware. Use Ad Aware SE instead
> (www.lavasoft.com) and also an antispyware program such as the
> Microsoft Antispyware beta program
> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en).
>
> Ken

Ken

You appreciate there is to be a Beta 2 and it's some months off.

--

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry Cornell wrote:

>You appreciate there is to be a Beta 2 and it's some months off.

I don't know one way or the other, but I do know that I have been
using the current version for about six or seven weeks and it has
worked great far. The word "beta" doesn't scare me as long as it is
good software, i.e. does what it is supposed to do, without impairing
the overall performance and stability of my system. This software, so
far, fits the bill.

Ken

Tony

You appreciate there is to be a Beta 2 and it's some months off.

FWIW I have completed 7 scans and nothing has been detected. BTW you do
need to take care to make MSAS does scan all locations if you have more
than a single / drive partition as the default is only to scan the
system drive / partition. Not very clever if the Temporary Internet
Files are elsewhere. You need to check boxes before all drives /
partitions.

--

Regards.

Gerry