missing tray icons??!?!?

sometimes when i boot up to xp some of my tray icons are missing. i checked
and they would be running in the backround. but i would like to know what
causes this and can i change it. i am running xp sp2 on amd 64 3200+ 512k
cache with 1gb ddr on an asus k8v se deluxe. i dont have that many programs
starting initially... just,

norton
perfect key logger
zone alarm
acronis true image monitor
java (a windows service)
and a few other things that take up less than 1mb of ram

can anybody tell me whats happening?

--
there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers and the jerks that give
them.

Right click on the Notification Area and select Properties. Is the box
before Hide inactive icons checked?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"scr00ge" <scr00ge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> sometimes when i boot up to xp some of my tray icons are missing. i
> checked
> and they would be running in the backround. but i would like to know
> what
> causes this and can i change it. i am running xp sp2 on amd 64 3200+
> 512k
> cache with 1gb ddr on an asus k8v se deluxe. i dont have that many
> programs
> starting initially... just,
>
> norton
> perfect key logger
> zone alarm
> acronis true image monitor
> java (a windows service)
> and a few other things that take up less than 1mb of ram
>
> can anybody tell me whats happening?
>

> --
> there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers and the jerks that
> give
> them.

no there not hidden. i know that much. they just dont show up when the
computer boots up fully. i can see that the proccess is runing in the
backround but the icon is not in the system tray. and no its not the
settings on the programs.

"Gerry Cornell" wrote:

> Right click on the Notification Area and select Properties. Is the box
> before Hide inactive icons checked?
>
> --
>

> Hope this helps.
>
> Gerry
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> FCA
>
> Using invalid email address
>
> Stourport, Worcs, England
> Enquire, plan and execute.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Please tell the newsgroup how any
> suggested solution worked for you.
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>

> "scr00ge" <scr00ge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > sometimes when i boot up to xp some of my tray icons are missing. i
> > checked
> > and they would be running in the backround. but i would like to know
> > what
> > causes this and can i change it. i am running xp sp2 on amd 64 3200+
> > 512k
> > cache with 1gb ddr on an asus k8v se deluxe. i dont have that many
> > programs
> > starting initially... just,
> >
> > norton
> > perfect key logger
> > zone alarm
> > acronis true image monitor
> > java (a windows service)
> > and a few other things that take up less than 1mb of ram
> >
> > can anybody tell me whats happening?
> >

> > --
> > there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers and the jerks that
> > give
> > them.

Ok, I got the same problem AFTER installing my Audigy I.
I was running on onboard sound for a week.
I'm using Audigy 2 ZS drivers for my card.
Could you please post your hardware configuration to see if
we have any hardware similarities.

Here's mine:
Win XP SP2
DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra
AMD 64 3000+, 90nm @ 2000MhZ
MSI GF6600GT @ 561/1140
2x512MB Corsair Value DDR 400
60GB WD, 160GB WD, 200GB WD SATA HDDs
Audigy Gamer, Audigy 2 ZS drivers!

I haven't found anything relevant to this issue yet, but
will keep on looking. on older versions of XP (pre SP2) a
disabling of the UnPNP service is often recommended.