missing tray icons??!?!?

sometimes when i boot up to xp some of my tray icons are missing. i checked
and they would be running in the backround. but i would like to know what
causes this and can i change it. i am running xp sp2 on amd 64 3200+ 512k
cache with 1gb ddr on an asus k8v se deluxe. i dont have that many programs
starting initially... just,

norton
perfect key logger
zone alarm
acronis true image monitor
java (a windows service)
and a few other things that take up less than 1mb of ram

can anybody tell me whats happening?

--
there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers and the jerks that give
them.

    Right click on the Notification Area and select Properties. Is the box
    before Hide inactive icons checked?

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "scr00ge" <scr00ge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > sometimes when i boot up to xp some of my tray icons are missing. i
    > checked
    > and they would be running in the backround. but i would like to know
    > what
    > causes this and can i change it. i am running xp sp2 on amd 64 3200+
    > 512k
    > cache with 1gb ddr on an asus k8v se deluxe. i dont have that many
    > programs
    > starting initially... just,
    >
    > norton
    > perfect key logger
    > zone alarm
    > acronis true image monitor
    > java (a windows service)
    > and a few other things that take up less than 1mb of ram
    >
    > can anybody tell me whats happening?
    >

    > --
    > there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers and the jerks that
    > give
    > them.

    no there not hidden. i know that much. they just dont show up when the
    computer boots up fully. i can see that the proccess is runing in the
    backround but the icon is not in the system tray. and no its not the
    settings on the programs.

    "Gerry Cornell" wrote:

    > Right click on the Notification Area and select Properties. Is the box
    > before Hide inactive icons checked?
    >
    > --
    >

    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > Gerry
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > FCA
    >
    > Using invalid email address
    >
    > Stourport, Worcs, England
    > Enquire, plan and execute.
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > Please tell the newsgroup how any
    > suggested solution worked for you.
    >
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    >

    > "scr00ge" <scr00ge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > sometimes when i boot up to xp some of my tray icons are missing. i
    > > checked
    > > and they would be running in the backround. but i would like to know
    > > what
    > > causes this and can i change it. i am running xp sp2 on amd 64 3200+
    > > 512k
    > > cache with 1gb ddr on an asus k8v se deluxe. i dont have that many
    > > programs
    > > starting initially... just,
    > >
    > > norton
    > > perfect key logger
    > > zone alarm
    > > acronis true image monitor
    > > java (a windows service)
    > > and a few other things that take up less than 1mb of ram
    > >
    > > can anybody tell me whats happening?
    > >

    > > --
    > > there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers and the jerks that
    > > give
    > > them.

    Ok, I got the same problem AFTER installing my Audigy I.
    I was running on onboard sound for a week.
    I'm using Audigy 2 ZS drivers for my card.
    Could you please post your hardware configuration to see if
    we have any hardware similarities.

    Here's mine:
    Win XP SP2
    DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra
    AMD 64 3000+, 90nm @ 2000MhZ
    MSI GF6600GT @ 561/1140
    2x512MB Corsair Value DDR 400
    60GB WD, 160GB WD, 200GB WD SATA HDDs
    Audigy Gamer, Audigy 2 ZS drivers!

    I haven't found anything relevant to this issue yet, but
    will keep on looking. on older versions of XP (pre SP2) a
    disabling of the UnPNP service is often recommended.

Icons Windows XP